Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My SpV Smartphone Review

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by aiwapro, Mar 5, 2003.

1. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

I just recently received my SPV Smartphone. It is wonderful. It runs on the Microsoft Windows Operating System.

Performance:
    The performance of the SpV is great. It runs smooth. You want to talk about reception, this is rock solid. It never completely loses signal. One bar of signal is very clear, just as if you had full signal.
    The call quality is great. It's very clear. Most think I'm on a landline when I talk to them on it.

Features:
    The SpV is loaded with features. That's what makes it the best in my view. To start everything off, it has Microsoft Windows as it's operating system. This opens everything up for infinite upgrades and programs. Some of the major software titles on the phones are: MSN Messenger, Windows Media Player, Solitarie, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Outlook (syncs with computer very vey well).

MSN Messenger is a program that I really like. It's an actual program on the phone, just like the one for the computer. It works just like the one for the computer. All you have to do is sign-in like normal, and all of your buddies are listed, and everything is ready. It tells you which contacts are online, again, just like the computer version. It even tells you when the other person is typing. It's a great program that I use alot.

Windows Media Player makes this phone into an MP3 machine too. Actually, it plays MP3, wav, and wma music files. You can add lots and lots of songs to your phone, and then listen to them out loud through the speaker, or in your Stereo Headset (included).

With Internet Explorer, the SpV browses full color html, just like if you were on the computer. For full color webpages, it works pretty fast. I use the SpV on the T-Mobile GPRS network, and I never knew their network was this fast until now. It actually seems like I'm getting 56k speeds now; That's the way it's suppose to be.

The SpV also comes with a camera. You can take some pretty nice pictures with it. Also, since the SpV supports MMS (Multi-Media Messaging), you can not only take pictures with the camera, but you can send the pictures to friend's phones with MMS, or to any email address for opening it up on the computer. With MMS, you can send & receive pictures, formatted text, voice recordings, and music to any email address in the world, or to any other phone that supports MMS. I sent some MMS's today, both to email addresses and friends with MMS phones, and both worked very well. The pictures were received perfect, and audio worked well to, without any data loss.

With the Microsoft Outlook that comes on the SpV, you can create/edit calendar notes, tasks, contacts, and more. The SpV syncs very well with Outlook on the computer, which allows you to edit notes on you computer's Outlook, and then sync, and have everything you have done on your PC, be sent to your phone. This also works the other way too. For example; If you're out away from your computer, and you make an appointment or something, and you want to put it on your phones Outlook, you can, and then when you get back to your computer and plug your phone in to the computer, it automatically updates the computer's Outlook of any changes you have made to your calendar, contacts, etc. while away from the computer.
    Not only does the SpV sync with Microsoft Outlook, but it syncs with the entire computer. Once the phone is plugged into the computer, the computer detects it, and makes your phone an actual device ont the computer. This allows you to drag and drop music, pictures, files, etc. on to your phone. You are shown your phone in explorer view, so you can see all of the files and folders on the phone. This lets you pick exactly where in the phone (directory/folders) you want to put files. This is also how games and programs are installed onto the phone. You just select the game from your computer and copy & paste it to your phone (or drag and drop), and then it's there, you're done. You can now play or run that game or program.

I really liked the fact that everything you need to use the SpV Smartphone is included in the box. In the Box: the phone, data cable, phone cradle, european charger adapters, stereo hands-free headset, camera, software CD, and all manuals (of course).

If anyone has anymore questions or comments about the phone, please feel free to post or email me at aiwapro@msn.com.

These phones are available for sale at: www.alienwireless.net

2. aiwapro

I forgot to mention something else wonderful about the SpV Smartphone, the ringtones. Forget about Polyphonic, this phone plays wav files. Just convert any song to wav, and this phone can play it as a ringtone.

I was out to breakfast this morning and my phone rung, and everybody turned and looked at me. They hadn't seen anything like it. I had the ringtone on 'Dilemna - Nelly (feat. Kelly Rowland). They sound great, just like the songs would on your computer or CD Player.

3. als1970

als1970 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola MPX220
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Wireless
    I really want this phone, but I don't have the money at the moment. Wow it really seems like a great phone. How is the reception compared to Nokia phones? I have always had better reception with Nokia phones.

4. aiwapro

Send me an email, and maybe we can work out something.

The reception compared to Nokias is great. I always thought the Nokias had the best reception too, until I got this SpV. It holds a signal so very well. It never loses it.

The SpV Smartphone is simply all you can ask for in a phone.

5. wyldekard

wyldekard Member

My Phone:
    Toshiba CDM9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW & USCC (for one more month)
    Who manufactures the hardware for this device?

What makes the software loaded on this device any different than the security swiss cheese Microsoft always puts out?

It would be wise to put a great deal of thought in regard to selecting the information that you input to this device.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. als1970

als1970 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola MPX220
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Wireless
    Aiwapro, I have to wait until I get my tax money back before I can get this phone. I am not sure yet how much I am getting back, so I don't know what I will have left after paying a few big bills. I will get back to you when I get my checks. I definitely am interested in this phone. I can use it with AT&T, right?

7. aiwapro

Yeah, I understand that.

Yes, you can use it with AT&T GSM.

8. als1970

als1970 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola MPX220
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Wireless
    I have a question for you aiwapro. I see on Ebay that you are selling the phone with extras, like the camera attatchment, etc. Do these come with the phone if ordered from alienwireless?

9. aiwapro

10. TMobileGuy

TMobileGuy New Member

Wow this phone sounds great. Wavs for ringtones?!? I really wish I could afford this phone, sounds great.

11. aiwapro

Yeah, it's a great device. It allows me to run my business more efficiently; allowing me to check email no matter where I am, chat with customers, access money accounts, access shipping accounts, and more.

12. Smush401

Smush401 Junior Member

My Phone:
    i830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    Any idea when a US Carrier will be coming out with a phone like this?

13. aiwapro

T-Mobile may release one late this Summer.

14. Smush401

Smush401 Junior Member

My Phone:
    i830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    Thanks I may be making the jump to "Get More"

15. aiwapro

T-Mobile will be glad to have you as a customer.

If you don't want to wait until Summer, you can order it right now from my website at www.alienwireless.net, and have it activated with T-Mobile.