Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My Sprint vs. Verizon Customer Service experiences

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Andy, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It's funny because it seems like customer service is the most important issue to some people. To me it's a non issue because I don't really have reason to call them. But there are some people I guess who are chronicly calling customer service for one reason or another :rolleyes: and if that's the case then yes go to some other carrier that has a better reputation for customer service.

2. T Sizzles

T Sizzles Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    My experience with Sprint CS was bad. I had 2 phones, my personal one which was a Moto V400 with Cingular, and a Palm Treo 600, my work phone which was paid for by my company. When their agreement with Sprint expired they switched to Verizon, but I was forced for some odd reason to cancel the line myself. I called, and the first person told me that my line was not active, though I was able to make calls and use all the features on it. They were no help. My next call I was told I had to call a different number since my line was part of a corprate package. I called that number where I was put on hold for about an hour and I was hung up on. I called back the next day and I was finally able to talk to a person who was able to cancel my line. That was in 2004.

I got a Treo 600 with Verizon, but within 15 days I left job for a new one, so I never really got to experience their CS.

Now my new job offers Sprint service, but it isn't required. I'm happy with my Blackjack. :)

3. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Ok well I have to say this I have been trying to exchange a phone all day today and this is bull____. Sorry for my language but seriously I have been given about ten different numbers and everytime I get transfered I get hung up on so I call the number they give me and it happens again. That is crap why should I have to go through this to get a phone exchanged seriously why cant their agents be universally trained. There is no excuse for this crap. And yeah I am pissed off to the brink right now. And for the record I would love to go to a Sprint store but I have to call in and get a RA number.

4. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

And me either.....I have my plan set, I use what i pay for, and I pay my bill....I have very few reasons to call CS at.....I dont understand how someone could be calling CS 5 - 6 times a week it seems....People just sign up for service and are calling CS as soon as they get home.

5. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Can't the store get the RA# for you......

Man, I'm glad I dont have these problems you guys post.

6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Because they are like me trying to get a problem solved that takes more than one attempt. Now I thought I was Mobile phone savy but this is a new experience.:p

7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well you know this is my own fault I just want a phone that will be good for me and there is nothing wrong with that. But come on lol show me some love.

8. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

I would love to show some love here.....But I've never had that much of hassel exchaging a phone....If I've gotten the phone through CS, and want to exchange it, I takes it to the store and get the exchange, and the store has never turned me away for some RA #, I take everything that came with the phone to the store,....But if you are trying to exchange the phone through CS then It was always my understanding that they had to get the phone back before they could ship the replacement, now maybe im outta of the loop here because I never exchange through CS....

Sorry if I seem critical of people's stories, it comes from my days of working in CS while in college, for a bank and a cable company and man if you heared some of the stories I heared in my day.....boy....Let's just say I know there's always two sides.

9. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You know I welcome your opinions and the feedback you are giving me. I know that it is not the representative they are doing their best and I appreiciate their help. I have done that line of work as well lol didnt last long. But hopefully I can get some answers.

10. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Did you tell them Flat out that you wanted to exchange...what did they tell you.

11. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Ok I called the number and I even said i want to exchange I am within my first thirty days then they say ok take all my info then they are like oh i need to transfer you now I am on the line with a lady who is doing god knows what???

12. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Well everyone gets idiots....If sound like a clueless airhead when they say hello....I hangup before they finish they're shmeal....I would rather sit on hold and get someone that sounds like they know what they're doing then talk to an idot...and Sprint isnt the only CS i have this standard for.

13. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well I ended up being able to get the return in the store so we will see how that goes.

14. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I second that. It seems like the people on this and some other forums have the worst luck. I've never had to exchange a phone, never had a billing error, and haven't really had any bad experiences with customer service. I buy a phone and then keep it for a long time and take good care of it. I think I'm a good customer that Sprint likes to have.

15. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah I agree with you. You would be a good customer.

16. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Just because Sprint does not hire enough CS reps that answer phone calls you think that a few customers are hogging the lines and "chronically" calling in?

17. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Who knows but I think now that the phone numbers of customer service with no wait time have been posted this shouldn't be much of an issue now.

18. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    It should not be an issue for me, you, and others reading this board, but it is still an issue for 99.9 percent of the population, which is my whole point.

19. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    Or in Sprint's case, 10 sides.

Have you ever heard the phrase: "Customer service is always great until you have a problem."

Customer service is always the front line for each company. It's their job along with the thousands of middle management to handle issues before they get escalated to the executive level.

Identify with this:

I knew I wanted to try a Sprint USB modem. But I'm a man, I like to see-touch-feel things that get me excited. So, I go to my local store. I check out the one I want just to make sure I want it. As I'm about to leave, a sales-rep greets me asking if he could help. I told him no because I wanted to get it through SERO and was going to go through the website. He told me he could set me up with SERO without any problem.

Long story short, I bought the card from him. Problem: Not only did he not set me up with SERO, but added a $ 30 voice plan on a phone I never agreed to purchase. To make things worse, my aircard was never provisioned and the MDN/MSID he gave me as my means of authentication belonged to a Samsung phone on someone else's account.

The above scenario was not what made me mad. We're all human. We all make mistakes. The long hold times, hang-ups, and transfers to dead end phone numbers to fix the issue did. Their inability to fix my issues on the first call is probably the most annoying.

ECare didn't help either.

I finally got them to terminate the rogue phone line and reverse the activation charges and MRC.

Any experienced Sprint rep reading this would say, "yeah I could of fixed that easily."

That's what I'm saying!! ;)

I do expect a lot, but I also pay a lot for it. I would probably bump up Sprint's ARPU if they could steal my long term business.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yeah but who cares about them. ;) As long as we all know the trick. :D

21. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have to agree with this statement, it's one of the reason's I prefer going to the store vs online with most items. :D

And yes CS is a major part of any business & it's a shame that people are having these bad experiences with Sprint, Hopefully as people have said they are working to fix these problems.
    I don't normally have to call CS, but the couple of times recently due to AT&T's billing system not recognizing my old Blue Shared SMS plan, I was getting charged on my line for partial SMS.
    Each time I called they were curtious & handled the issue right away, as well as no hold times & that is important.
    Hopefully now that i migrated over I will not have a need to call CS & any plan changes I can do thru OLAM.

Good luck RJB on your exchange issue.

22. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hey thanks I actually had a good experience once I got the right person on the phone and I went to the local store. I would have to say things went my way right ANDY lol.

23. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Are you done bragging already? :D
    Do you want me to spill the beans? :D

24. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I know where you live.;)

25. jmac32here

jmac32here New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    For Sprint, the phone support for customers is nowhere near par. And they are "working to improve" by first seperating customer call ins from rep call ins.

The customer call ins currently could use a lot more work, but the rep call ins not only tend to have much faster responces (longest hold time on the 3rd party line being 5-10 minutes during peak periods) and generally much better answers.

I think for the Sprint end, the best customer service will currently be either online, through forums, or in a Sprint Store or reatailer.

Verizon hold times (being that of a customer) have been decent, however never try complaining to them in regards to lack of coverage or dropped calls. They will always insist that they have the best coverage and that you shouldn't be having any problems, at least from my experience...where here..a mile from Microsoft..their coverage is sparse at best. I finally got to speak to a tech rep, after having to call several times asking to talk to one...only to hear him tell me the truth and that they are shutting networks down and selling them due to the Qualcomm/Broadcomm disputes (which apparently has been causing increased costs to them..hence the network shutdowns.)

What I found funny was when I called them up on an at&t phone (with twice as many constant bars of reception) and the rep is like "Are you on your phone now?? You sound so clear and there seems to be no problems." My responce had to be (and was) "Well, that's cuz I'm using an at&t phone to talk to you." and her responce then was "Well, if your having so many issues with us, why not cancel and switch to them? Looks like your still under contract so I'll charge you the $175 per line and another $200 per line to cancel to cover the undercost agreement." She also mentioned something about credit score, possibly marking it for the cancellation. WTF??? As long as I pay the fees (which I'm not willing to do, dont use the phone often enough to care anymore) it is illegal to ding my credit for breaking the contract. At that point I decided to ride it out and deal with the (rather lousy) service I get with it and maybe switch when my contract is up. I was rather shocked to hear a CSR actually say that to me though. (Mind you I've called again on a billing question and got her again.)

Usually the CSR's are much better on Verizon, and I was surprised to get that kind of service. Not to mention she was rather rude the entire time.

Now I've spoken to Sprint Reps and have noticed a slight improvement....but not by much. The hold times will continue until they finally re-train the entire staff there, and the ones that are re-trained seem to offer service comparable to that of T-Mobiles. (Most of which currently on the 3rd party call centers.)

26. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    While I completely agree with you on your point about you not getting anywhere with complaining about weak coverage with Verizon, they definitely are NOT shutting down networks, causing network coverage to decrease due to any Qualcomm/Broadcomm thing. That has nothing to do with network coverage. The rep did not know what he was talking about.
    Overall, you will get rude and inexperienced reps as well as misinformation with reps from every organization. I just don't think I should have to wait on hold for half an hour, because then my patience has already run out.

27. jmac32here

jmac32here New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I wouldn't know too much about that, but it certainly can explain why the PRL versions for Verizon shows connections to less networks with the later verisons of PRL. Especially since my resource there has confirmed that the PRL now controls both home and roaming coverage on CDMA handsets. Therefore, seeing one or two less networks show up on the latest PRL versions VS the PRL Verison I'm using now would indicate that there is indeed less coverage if I decide to update...not to mention that I have been denied a connection from one of the older networks that is still listed as active for Verizon Proper on my PRL.

Information for that statement based on Independent PRL Intrepretations.

28. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    What network have you been "denied" a connection from?

Also, the PRL has ALWAYS controlled what networks the phone can use and what networks the phone cannot use, as well as whether or not a system is considered "roaming."
    The fact that Verizon has been pulling the plug on some systems (mainly systems that overlap with Verizon native coverage) has nothing at all to do with the Qualcomm thing you referenced. It is a business decision that Verizon decided to pull the plug on some roaming in areas where Verizon provides service. Sprint was pulled in my area 2 PRL updates ago...while the Verizon network is nearly perfect here, it does have the one or other spot here and there where roaming would have come in handy. I don't condone any carrier removing coverage/roaming, because no network can ever be perfect.
    But you mentioned being able to explain why Verizon is pulling the plug on "connections"...do you mind filling me in?

29. jmac32here

jmac32here New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    This site -- PRL Interpretations -- Independent PRL Intrepretaions has shown Verizon Home networks being taken off their PRL. Not to mention that Verizon did begin the shutoff and (from what I hear) sell of the AMPS network a year before their original plans submitted to the FCC. (Which, from what many service reviewers could tell, consisted as the majority of Verizon's home coverage area.)

The most recent was a Verizon home network that has literally connected me as an "Unauthorized Sprint User" according to the voice recording ive gotten once so far. (Which is no longer on the most recent Verizon PRL's.)

I have seen a few of these types of instances where the Network identifier is on "Verzon Home" in an eariler PRL and then the same exact network be taken off a later PRL and show up on an even later Sprint PRL as "Sprint Home." Took me a long time of actually reading to notice them though. Though I myself think they may have just simply been older structures...but then how could they show up elsewhere? That literally had me confused.

I understand the Sprint Dropoffs last year, while they were re-determining the terms to a new roaming agreement. However, Home coverage for Verizon here in WA is miniscual at best.

30. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alright I am a little confused here.
    First off, Verizon has not been selling, nor shutting off AMPS networks. By law every carrier is required to keep the AMPS up until sometime in 2008 I believe. After that date, they are free to either keep the network up or shut it down. But until this date, Verizon has neither shut down the network, nor sold the AMPS network. What Verizon, and other carriers, have done is eliminate AMPS on some of their cell sites so they don't have to deal with the expensive cost of keeping up AMPS equipment at every cell site.
    For a long time now, every single Verizon owned cell site has been CDMA digital. I am not sure where you are getting your information from, but I'm sorry to inform you that it is wrong.

Verizon also has not been dropping their own "Home" Networks. IF a Verizon owned SID has been dropped, it's not because Verizon has sold the network or shut it down, it's because Verizon has eliminated that SID and merged it into another, larger SID.

A Verizon "Home" network should not connect you to a Sprint error message, unless you were dialing a Sprint phone number and that's why you got a Sprint error message. Verizon has not sold any networks to Sprint or done anything that should/would give you that error message. Can you provide examples of SIDs that used to be Verizon networks and now Sprint? I would love to see that because that simply is not the case, unless, like I mentioned earlier, Verizon has dropped SIDs because they have merged networks into bigger SIDs and Sprint has picked those SIDs up, but I don't think that has happened either, so I would love to see examples.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.