Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My Prepaid Phone Account Was Deactivated

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Ken7, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Ken7

Ken7 New Member

I have had the pay as you go $0.15 Prepaid plan here in Connecticut since the Summer of 2006. Whenever I would get low, I would add more money online via my online Alltel Account.

When I signed up, I would not have to add any money as long as there was something in my account, and that would keep the account active. All I had to do was to use the phone for at least one minute every month, otherwise I would be charged $4 that month and the phone would stay active.

Now my phone has been deactivated.

I was told that I needed to add money to my account every three months to keep the phone working.

What???????????? I was never notified of the change!!!!!

I spoke with three customer service people who could not explain anything to me and when the change was made to my account. They were all just repeating that same line to me. The last one finally said that they could give me a new phone number and credit me the $14 that was on my account when the phone was deactivated.

They have no records of payments, usage and everything was deleted from my account, except for the fact that I still have an account.

What is going on here???

I'm very upset!!!!

2. shango

shango Junior Member

My Phone:
    M800, v266, w315
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Hmmm, this is the way the new pay per day plans work. The old ones were grandfathered in. So I thought.
    I have several of the old ones, let me check into this and see if something changed.

3. cheddar

cheddar Senior Member

Hmmm... I'll have to keep a closer eye on mine. I have one of the old prepaid plans as well.

4. bandit390

bandit390 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Verizon bought out that part. Calling Alltel isn't going to get you anywhere.

This all started months and months ago. So by the msgs below you are past your allotted time period stated in each msg. Your best bet is go to your local Verizon store and see what they can do for you. Here are examples of notifications you got......

.................Verizon is notifying Connecticut prepaid Customers of the purchase as well as the need to switch service to Verizon. There will be 4 SMS drops (with 2 SMSs per drop) during the next few months. (

CT Divestiture Prapaid Text Messages

FREE MSG: Verizon Wireless recently purchased Alltel Wireless' operations in Litchfield County, CT. Your service will remain active for 60 days.

FREE MSG: U can keep your phone, your number & balance by switching to VZW. Visit us @ 1891 E Main St Torrington or VZW at Circuit City in Torrington. Tuesday, July 29, 2008

FREE MSG: Verizon Wireless recently purchased Alltel Wireless' operations in Litchfield County, CT. Your service will remain active for 45 days.

FREE MSG:2 keep your number, phone, & balance switch to VZW before 9/12/08. Visit us @ 1981 E Main St Torrington or VZW at Circuit City in Torrington. Wednesday, August 13, 2008

FREE MSG: Verizon Wireless recently purchased Alltel Wireless' operations in Litchfield County, CT. Your service will remain active for 30 days.

FREE MSG:2 keep your number, phone, & balance switch to VZW before 9/12/08. Visit us @ 1981 E Main St Torrington or VZW at Circuit City in Torrington. Monday, August 28, 2008

FREE MSG: Verizon Wireless recently purchased Alltel Wireless' operations in Litchfield County, CT. You must take action or your service will end in 15 days.

FREE MSG:2 keep your number, phone, & balance switch to VZW before 9/12/08. Visit us @ 1981 E Main St Torrington or VZW at Circuit City in Torrington.

5. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Wow so Verizon controls what was Alltel Prepaid? Interesting.

6. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Yeah in that area. Because all the numbers and market were sold to verizon in november.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bandit390

bandit390 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    As in part, I mean Connecticut market.

8. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Oh I thought the changeover was happening. lol

9. cheddar

cheddar Senior Member

Heh, I completely missed the Connecticut part.