Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My PCS Temporarily Unavailable

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Kalimotxo, May 7, 2007.

1. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    So for about the past five or six days, every time I try to log in to my account on Sprint.com or on my phone I get the following:

My PCS Temporarily Unavailable - My PCS is currently being upgraded to provide you with a better customer experience.

Does anyone know when this upgrade will be completed? There is absolutely no way for me to figure out my current usage which makes me a little nervous because I'm almost at the end of my bill cycle and I have no clue how many mins I've used. (And yes, I've tried calling CS and checking usage on my phone).

Thanks.

2. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

There migrating us from Sprint old database to the Nextel one that will be sprint universal platform. I think this is the case...Because I'm getting the message here in Philly...

Also *4 is still working to get usage and bal.

3. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I tried *4 but the usage total they gave me (384 peak mins) can't be right... I use well over 1,000 peak mins a month!

Hopefully things will be up and running shortly! Thanks for the info

4. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    GRRR!!!! It's still down! It's been over a week now...

5. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

If *4 still isn't working then you'll need to call CS. I think the most I've heard was people being down were for 3 days most.

6. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Well, My PCS is still down and quite honestly I'm getting very aggravated. I can't use my online tools, I can't make changes to my account, I can't download ringers or MP3's, I can't use power vision, etc. etc.

Does anyone know any details about when this account migration stuff will be completed... It's been at least 10 days since they started "upgrading" my account. Customer service can't do anything either, they can't even tell me how many mins I've used. :mad:

7. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    So here it is, the 15th. My account has been messed up for about two weeks due to this billing system change. I called Sprint CS to inquire about when my things would be working again. The CS rep apologized over and over about the fact that my service wasn’t fully functional. Now, I’ve been rude with CS reps before, but I was really nice with this guy and played the stupid customer asking an innocent question scenario. Without even asking, this guy said “while I can’t do anything about these upgrade problems, I can thank you for being a loyal customer”. (What is this guy talking about, I’ve only been with Sprint for three months?!!!) He added 600 bonus peak mins per month to my account and changed my text plan from the $15 per month for unlimited to $7 per month for unlimited! WOW! While I’ll never even come close to using that many mins, the gesture really showed me that this company really cares about its customers and is willing to bend a bit! What great customer service. I've never had that kind of response from Verizon or Cingular. I can definitely see myself staying with these guys so long as they exist…

8. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wow, that was really nice of them to add these minutes & lower your SMS plan, now just keep an eye on your bills for 2 months to make sure it's for real & let us know.
    Not that I don't believe the rep did it, but we all know how things they say never happen.
    But I agree it would be nice to see Verizon & Cingular take better care of their customers.

And wait till you see what's coming down the road for Sprint, in reguards to customer loyalty programs. (I can't say much on it, but I took a survey a month ago on some ideas they have and they should be coming out with something soon & they had some really good ideas.)

9. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Just to follow up if anyone has been reading this thread...

Long story short. I have been on the phone with Sprint constantly for the past month trying to resolve this issue and many others. Tonight a very high level tech support person finally figured out why I was having so many issues with my account. Apparently, the Ensemble billing system does not support SERO. For the resolution, they are going to move me back to the old billing system and my service should go back to normal.

I don't know why this is but the guy assured me that everything will be fixed as soon as I'm back on the old billing system.

Has anyone else heard of something like this?

10. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i havent heard anything about this...........its very interesting though..........when i get some time ill do some digging over at the Sprint forums

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I wish I could go into more detail however I'm not that familiar with Sprint and its systems... but I found someone who could finally resolve my issues. Apparently, SERO sometimes has issues in the conversion process to Ensemble that can cause it to do all kinds of weird stuff.

I think that the guy who told me it was incompatible with Ensemble was full of more crap than a christmas turkey.

12. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Havent had that trouble but i cant get on the web or get or send picture messages grrr.

13. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    are they still offering SERO?............cuz if they arent then then that means that it is possible that the old plans haven't been entered into the ENSEMBLE system.......and with a plan like that it could be overlookd.......although i havent had a single problem with My PCS yet........the only times i have ever had trouble wth checking account stuff on Vision on my phone was late at night so i was figuring that they were just doing some account maintenance and were just waiting until iff peak times

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...