Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My own wireless company

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by veronica2121, Jan 17, 2009.

1. veronica2121

veronica2121 New Member

I would like any help any one can give me on what steps i need to take in order to start my own wireless phone company. what i am asking is for people with helpful feed back. no negative defeatist feed back. what i do know is that i need a killer business plan so if some one can show me step by step how to do that first i would be extremely grateful.:)

2. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    veronica2121,

Well, the FCC auctions of the 700 MHz band, the AWS bands (1700/2100 MHz), and the 1900 MHz PCS band are over (except for 700 MHz D-block, which requires a public safety/private partnership). The Commission got the money and issued the licenses. To operate your wireless system, you'll have to buy a license from someone who has one. This could be your first $5M to $30M to raise. The price will depend on the area and population the license covers.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    If you can clarify what you are looking for I can probably help you.

Are you looking to:

A.) Open a wireless retail store?
    B.) Start your own wireless phone company? (it is possible, but takes a pretty big investment, and in most cases would be a MVNO (meaning you basically resell some elses network under your brand name.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Batteries4Less

Batteries4Less New Member

Reading your post reminded me of a book called, "The E-Myth" (or something like that). The basic concept of the book, from what I gathered, is that it takes much more than a good idea and a handful of capital to form a successful business. You may want to develop a solid business plan and talk to a business consultant as your first steps. In my experience , you are usually better off talking to a professional!

5. CoreWT

CoreWT New Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    If you are talking about starting a retail store, I can help you in all aspects. Send e-mail and we will discuss. I can help with business plan, carriers, site selection, and training.

6. raydavenport40

raydavenport40 New Member

what is your email address? maybe you can help me too! mines is DELETED

EDIT: Please do not post E-mail address, communicate via PM/E-Mail.

#6 raydavenport40, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
  7. CoreWT

CoreWT New Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Please see one of my threads and go to my profile page and send me an e-mail so we can begin a line of communication on starting your own business.

Thanks,

Dean

8. cuba1902

cuba1902 New Member

I was wondering the same thing as far as starting my own wireless company. I know that they use switching stations and wonder if all the major carriers just share these resources. I know some carriers rent some of the towers from other owners and then other carriers like Verizon have bought up most of theres.