Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My LG8100 Frustrations

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by moelissa, Oct 17, 2005.

1. moelissa

moelissa New Member

I got my 8100 when it first came out. I had the old software so anytime it was in manner mode it would still ring. I finally broke down and took it into the store to get flashed over the weekend, but then my phone would not go out of extended network. I tried everything: power cycle, hard reset, manual program, changing networks...nada....nothing. So I take my phone to get an exchange. The exchanged phone's keypad feels cheap and the phone seems lighter. It really feels different. The same night I get it, the external display went black, so I powered it off/on and then the external display was back, only upside down!! I am so frustrated that I just had to type this. I know there is nothing anyone can do. I am looking to switch to the new Samsung 950 even though I have been a long time LG fan, we are talking back to Kyocera days. I am just so sick of the stupid little things that go wrong with my LG's. I went thru five LG 6000's and 4 LG 6100's after having the 8100 for 3 months now, I am at my wits end with LG, when are they going to make the ultimate product (if it even exists)!!:eek:

2. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (E815: MOT-8720_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.104 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

The 9800 seems to be well-liked except for a couple of small quirks. Thought about that one or is the form factor not to your liking?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 0oLakeShoreo0

0oLakeShoreo0 Senior Member

That sucks moelissa. From reading reviews it seems like when the kinks are out of the 8100 people are really loving it, sorry you're having a bad run with it. I really like LG phones too - give it one more go!

As far as the ultimate product, like cryogenic said, the 9800 seems awesome. There are a few reviews here, seems like people really like this one, no big kinks.
    Here's the link to Verizon:

http://www.inphonic.com/specialoffe...code2=&eid=&agent=&carrierid=60&phoneid=20993

4. moelissa

moelissa New Member

I found someone to buy my LG 8100 so now I can browse other models. I think the 9800 looks cool and has some great features, but with some problems people are having I just think LG needs to do some serious re-evaluating of their software and come out with something solid. Thanks for the replies!

5. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My biggest qualm with the 9800 is the fact that email auto-sync can only take place a maximum of once per hour. The 9800 won't auto-sync any more frequently than that, though you can manually sync as often as you wish. Perhaps a software update will cure that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...