Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first reaction was.... NOOOooooooo!

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by KevinJames, Mar 28, 2017.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    March 28, 2017: AT&T sends out some update. Screens displays update is complete. Phone reboots and, and, and...... nothing! Bricked phone. AHHHHHHHHHH!

I had it charging so after the phone stayed at the AT&T globe logo for an inordinately L-O-N-G time, I unplugged it and attempted a hard reboot. Nothing! I started hyperventilating. I got up and got some ice water (to pour over my head and stop the volcanic eruption about to take place). But when I came back, why, the phone had rebooted again and it was fine. Good thing, too, I was ready to race over to AT&T and give them a piece of my mind.

[​IMG]

As near as I can tell, after the mess, it was a security update because the phone is still Android 7.0.

JFB, palandri and Jay2TheRescue like this.
  2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; MTS
    Glad to hear the phone has recovered. With all the horror bootloop stories you never know what to expect.

palandri likes this.
  3. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    Nothing is worse than a boot loop when you've done nothing wrong. Glad it recovered (n)

dmapr likes this.
  4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Glad it recovered KJ.

Typically I knew what I may have done to cause the boot loop and not knowing would have been quite unnerving.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

palandri likes this.