Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

my FCC letter about Liberty Wireless

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by dgallinger, Jul 1, 2005.

1. dgallinger

dgallinger New Member

July 1, 2005

On June 9th I ordered a refurbished cell phone and was assured that because it was a credit card order my phone would be here in Colorado in a few days. I continued to check the website but all it said was as soon as they get the funds approved they would send the phone. After waiting till the 20th I called and was told that there had been a problem assigning the # I had been given to the phone. (Note: I have 18 years in the IT/Telecom industry and I have never heard such a weak reason.) I asked what the nature of the problem was and I was never given a satisfactory answer. I was eventually "allowed" to talk to a supervisor (Tyrone) and was told that the problem would be escalated and that he would send me an email regarding the status, which was sent on 23 June.
    (See copy below)
    Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:16 AM
    To: dgallinger2004@comcast.net
    Subject: Re: Liberty Wireless: Update Order Information--- Select
    Subtopic -- <<#XXXXX-XXXXXX#>>

Dear Mr. Gallinger,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Our records indicate that your order has just been activated today. This should be shipped out to you within 24-72 hours. If you have your order number available, you may visit the web site below within the next 24-72 hours to check your order status and tracking number: http://www.whereismyorder.com.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process callbacks as we do not have access to outside line.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to send us an e-mail or contact our Customer Relations Team at X-XXX-XXX-XXXX. We are open from 8:30 AM to 9:30 PM Eastern Time from Mondays through Fridays.

Sincerely,

Liberty Wireless
    Customer Relations Department

--- Original Message ---
    Received: 06/21/2005 09:04pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT - 7:00 )
    Subject: Liberty Wireless: Update Order Information--- Select Subtopic --

First Name:XXXXXXX
    Last Name:Gallinger
    E-mail Address:dgallinger2004@comcast.net
    Order Number:XXXXXXXXX
    Home Phone:XXXXXXXXX
    Topic: Update Order Information
    Subtopic:-- Select Subtopic --
    Comment:My phone has never arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    call XXX-XXX-XXXX

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------ <<#XXXXX-XXXXXX#>>

As you can see from reading the email I now have my expectations set for a phone in my possession by the 27th of June, at the latest. But no... no phone, no update that it has been delayed, nothing but the same status on the website from day one.

Today July 1, 2005 I called and asked for my money back. While on hold I was informed that my account had been suspended for not paying the monthly service charge, then merrily told that because I was such a good customer that I was able to get a 2nd phone free... or some such blather. Then a message came on that since March of this year every call to customer service would result in 20 min being removed from my time. Don’t get me wrong but charging me time to solve a problem that I did not create really irritates me.
    Upon finally reaching a live person, I believe this was the same customer svc rep. I had talked to on the 20th of June. I was asked if I wanted to escalate my problem. Which would have been fine except it was supposed to have been escalated back on the 20th. As inappropriate as this response was, it required some effort to get the rep to just give me my money and to terminate the business relationship because of breach of contract. When I asked for the # for corporate I was told they did not have it. I was instead given a mailing address.

(Note: The email states that there is no access to an outside line. If true how did I call in and if there was an emergency in the building how does one call 911, and how do they process payments, etc...)

The fact that I have been very clear about what I wanted and was basically denied at every contact informs me that this company (and I use this term loosely) is probably in trouble financially. I should know I have worked for two different companies in the past that went under and all of the signs are there.

What I want done.

B. If choice A cannot be done....

1. Stop them from starting the clock on the billing until the customer activates the phone.
    2. Require them to submit refunds with interest if it is shown that incompetence, negligence, or outright criminal intent caused this unacceptable delay with no notification to the customer.
    3. We have truth in lending then we should have the truth about advertised delivery expectations.
    4. If any fines are assessed, then the money collected first should be used to correct the most egregious of their lapses against customers for the past year and the the Federal Government can have whatever is left.
    5. Require them if so asked to go to tier two support or their manager immediately without debate. (Time is money and if someone cannot fix my problem then I want to talk to someone that can) I am normally very reasonable about these things but when it is obvious I am being snowed...
    6. I calculate that I have wasted a good 6 hours on this issue. At $XXXXX an hour, the fee I charge for consulting, that amounts to $XXXXXX of my time. And of course this does no include the unnecessary aggravation or any future effort.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Relevant Information

Customer Name: Gallinger
    Date Ordered : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Email : dgallinger2004@comcast.net
    Reconditioned
    Phone Model : XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Phone S/N : XXXXXXXXXX
    Rate Plan : XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Order # : XXXXXXXXXX
    Cell # given : XXXXXXXXXXXX

Online status web page I was told to go. This was checked intermittently as time went by

https://www.whereismyorder.com/Logi...ereismyorder.aspx&referringpartner=Cchoicesnp

Note: It appears that there are 2 if not 3 companies involved in this mess. The above website is listed as Cellular Choices and one of the #'s I called belongs to Wireless Junction. All of the companies have addresses in Largo, MD but, depending on who you talk to don’t know about the other companies. I find this very disturbing.

Liberty Wireless Ph #: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    (Cust Svc) Addr: Largo MD 20774
    (Corporate) Ph #: ---- DENIED ----
    Addr: Largo MD 20774

Cellular Choices Ph# : XXXXXX
    (Appears to be internet marketing company)
    (Cust Svc) Addr: Largo MD 20774

This last business the ph# was acquired off of one of the associated web sites and the guy gave me Liberty Wireless's #

Wireless Junction Ph# : XXXXXX (not sure of the name but I am fairly certain was also in Peppercorn Place)
    (Cust Svc) Addr: Largo MD 20774 that his address

Sincerely Frustrated,

XXXXXXX Gallinger

For all those that read this be aware

2. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    You need to contact the Colorado Public Utilities Commission and file a complaint. You will be required to submit the cheque for the disputed amount and if they find in your favour your cheque will be returned.

Make sure you have copies of all communication.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dgallinger

dgallinger New Member

They hav already agreed to refund the money, assuming that they will follow through. My intent was to at minimum force the company to get realistic about how they treat the public.
    Personally if I loose the money and they change their business practice it will be money well spent. Treating people in the way I was is just wrong. It only takes a small amount of effort keep people informed of issues. But if the company cannot or will not hire people that are qualified to think of these type of things in advance and setup a system that treats customers as people then I say good riddance to bad rubbish. I have been very fortunate in my life to do the things I have done but as all of the techs and field people know without the right tools for the job it makes it that much tougher. I dislike automated systems but do understand their need. But when I get told that my account for a phone I have yet to receive has been suspended for non payment and on top of that I will have time come out of minutes I have never been able to use because the phone did not arrive I suspect that most other people would also be irate. Probably if they had been upfront from day 1 it would have never reached this point. I am VERY understanding about technical issues but if I am told nothing well..... It's just business. Honestly I have never had to write anything like this in my life. There was always a solution, but you gotta talk to someone first. They are after all in the communication business!

4. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Interesting e-mail they sent you...

Yet...

They have an incoming number for customer service?

I agree with Zaphod, you need to contact your state's PUC. If you paid by credit card, you should be able to file a dispute form with the credit card issuer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...