Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My Circle & Texts?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Dneon95, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Dneon95

Dneon95 New Member

I heard a commercial last night for the first time that My Circle now includes not only calls, but Texts and IMs as well. Is this true? I played the commercial over and over again. Does that mean you dont need a text plan if you only are going to Text people in you My Circle? Also, does this require a plan change if you already use My Circle? People think I am crazy, but I know what I saw. Any input would be great, im anxious to figure it out, thanks.

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The commercial was poorly worded.

My Circle does not include text messaging.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dneon95

Dneon95 New Member

Ok what did I mean then? I Tivo'd the commercial and listened to it numerous times. It said "My Circle, talk for free, now Text and IM for free as well". Pretty bad advertising to be just worded wrong.

4. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I believe the ad was referring to the All Axcess Pass feature that gives unlimited SMS & MMS as well as the ability to surf the wireless web using your plans' included minutes. They just worded it very, very poorly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    It is referring to the new 79.99 My Circle Family Plan. 79.99 1000 National Freedom Minutes, Unlimited Nights and Weekends, and Mobile to Mobile. It includes My Circle, and your choice of either 7pm Nights and Weekends, or 1000 MMS for Text, Pics, Vids, and IM's. It is worded funny but that is what it is referring to.

6. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, you are correct, I just confirmed this. It is because the 1,000 SMS/MMS is free and not a charged feature if you choose it instead of the 7PM nights/weekends.

People equate "free" with "unlimited" when the two are not interchangable.

7. chapulincolorado

chapulincolorado New Member

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    ...bumping this post.

So. If I have the the 10 My Circle phone numbers, calls coming in and outgoing calls from my cell are unlimited minutes? :confused: Also, if the person that is on My Circle, is their cell phone charged the minute used?

8. cet710

cet710 New Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 7130e
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The calls coming to you are in fact free of charge. If the person calling does not have my vircle on their account then yes they are charged but you are not. My Circle gives you 10 numbers for free calls (in & out). Those number can be wire line or wireless numbers with any carrier.

As for the text you do get free txt to your 10 numbers & it doesnt count against you txt plan. If I am not mistaken all that you need is the pay per use txt to use it. Meaning that as long as you have the ability to txt on the account level, then anyone that is listed in you 10 number (wireless phones of course) is totally free. I don think that you have to have the 1000 txt or whatever, You just have to get a $59 plan & higher for My Circle & so on.

9. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    cet710 was correct. If you have My Circle, you get unlimited minutes to any 10 numbers, in and outgoing. But for the person you are talking to, it will still use their minutes unless they are with Alltel (free M2M) or have some type of plan with their own carrier that gives them free minutes in some shape or form such as free nights, etc. So My Circle will only influence the calls you are charged for, not the other person.

But for the second part, I have always understood that in order to get free texting, you must be on the family choice plan where each number gets the option between 1000 free messages or nights at 7 as Shockwave previously mentioned.

10. ta206

ta206 Junior Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I don't have any of my friends that have Alltel in My Circle list because I have unlimited mobile to moble. But I do have the 1000 free text messages per phone and it is the Family Choice Plan.

11. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    The Family Choice My Circle plan is 79.99 for 2 lines, 15.00 for each extra line. You get the 1000 anytime minutes (peak) you get your Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (Alltel to Alltel) and you get your Unlimited Nights and Weekends (9pm to 5:59am M-F and all day Sat and Sun) You get your My Circle 10 numbers, that you can choose. These numbers can be any landline number inside the USA, or any wireless number (provided its not Alltel since you have free M2M) inside the USA. You can talk to those 10 numbers free anytime you call them, if they call you on your mobile phone the incoming call is free for you. You get your choice of either 7pm Nights and Weekends or 1000 MMS (Multi Media Messages) on any of your lines with this plan. If you have 4 lines two could have 7pmNW and two could have 1000MMS. There are no free text messages to your My Circle numbers. If you have Pay Per Use text messaging and you use it, you will be charged $.10 per message (soon to be $.15 in April) So if you want to text I would advise getting the 1000MMS with this plan. I hope this explains the plan in detail, I actually have this plan, and it works very well. :D

12. chapulincolorado

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks for all the info. BTW. Is the plan only in a 2yr agreement? Also, looking at the map, Rio Grande Valley region (here in southmost tip of Texas) has AllTel owned towers, i.e., no roaming charges?:confused:

13. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    The 2 yr agreement comes into play if you get a phone at the advertised, discounted price that includes a 2 yr commitment. It is possible to get the plan and go month-to-month, but in order to do so, you would have to pay the full retail price on each phone (usually around $100-300 more than the discounted price if you get a 2 yr contract depending on the model). The 2 yr agreement comes in because when you get a phone, they are usually sold cheaper than what they actually cost.

With Alltel towers in your area, there would be no roaming charges. Since the plan is a National Freedom plan, it actually allows you to an Alltel signal, Sprint signals, Verizon signals, and a few others, with no roaming charges anywhere in the country if you are in an area that Alltel doesn't cover. The roaming indicator on Alltel's phones are a little confusing though. If you see no triangle, then you are in your home area and on Alltel. But if you see a blinking triangle, it is still free. You may still be on Alltel (but out of your home area) or another carrier that is free to use.

14. cet710

cet710 New Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 7130e
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I tell you whats pretty cool. For those of you that uses smart phones. Alltel has some plans now that allow you to combine your phone/device with a family plan. However these plans are UNLIMITED DATA, M2M, 7 - 7 N&W, and my circle. These includes BlackBerry data as well. Thats cool.. Whats odd is that Sprint just released a plan just like this last week or the week before.

15. chapulincolorado

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    A) So. E/a phone line gets their own 10 numbers?

B) How is this plan different from TMobile's MyFaves for Families?

:confused:

16. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    With My Circle, the entire account shares 10 numbers total instead of each phone having 10 numbers. At first it sounds like the same thing but also remember, with Alltel you also get free M2M, so you don't have to include family members on your account in your Fave5 to get free calling to them or other Alltel customers. Also, it really helps if there is overlap between numbers called. For instance, if you and the other person on your line both call a certain number frequently, that number only takes up 1/10 spots instead of 1/5 spots on each line. In the plan Shockwave was referring to, you also get the 1000 free text messages per line or nights at 7pm instead of 9pm.

17. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    Just to try to simplify the difference down:

Alltel 1000 min $79 Family Choice Plan: Unlimited calling to any 10 numbers on the account (10 numbers good on all lines). Free M2M to anybody with Alltel. 1000 free messages or nights at 7.

T-Mobile 1000 min $79 MyFaves Family Plan: Unlimited calling to any 5 numbers per line (Each line has its specific numbers). No Free M2M (Must include other T-Mobile customers to get free calling, including others on the account). No Messaging included.

18. chapulincolorado

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Thanks! :)

So. If I am reading right T-Mobile's web page, in order to get M2M on the plan you metion one has to pay about $6 extra per line.? :confused:

Currently, I am leaning to AllTel on that plan. Is probably the best competitive rate out in the market. And it helps that it recvd good ratings from Consumers Report. :D

Another question, on voice mail, so what is the difference between regular and enhanced voice mail??

19. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    Yes, that's correct. They give you My Faves and take away M2M. What a ripoff!

Plus Alltel's network is a strong 850Mhz and T-Mobile is 1900Mhz. 1900Mhz does not typically have good building penetration. With Alltel you will have good "Boondocks" coverage and with T-mobile you will most likely have none or spotty coverage.

Just get regular voicemail.

20. cet710

cet710 New Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 7130e
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Just look at the obvious.

10 Free number from Alltel
    vs.
    5 Free numbers from T-Mo

The plain fact is the score 10 - 5.

Who wins ALLTEL!!!!:) :)

21. chapulincolorado

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    And it something that the TMobile sales rep didn't point out until I got home and went through their web page. I was "building" their package to compare with AllTel when I noticed on their additional services that I had to pay extra $$ for geting M2M. WTFudge?! Sure enough. I took out the brochure that the sales rep gave me and there it was in not-so-small letters "*Unlimited T-Mobile network calling for everyone in your family for $10/month." :eek: Foggetaboutit! M2M is the standard on any plan above $60. That IS a rip-off and a strange way to build their costumer base.

22. cet710

cet710 New Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 7130e
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    How can they assume that anyone would want that. I mean every company in the US has free M2M on most plans $59 & higher. Even several of the majior players. I just dont see how they can sell any plans. Espically to people like us who actually shop the plans & companies for the best plan for the best price