Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My Adventures with Alltel..grrrrr

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by SharkVette, Jun 28, 2007.

1. SharkVette

SharkVette New Member

Well, I bought a V3m Alltel phone and thought I'd tell my story about trying to add a memory card.
    After wasting ½ the day trying to get my phone updated, since it was missing a lot of software out of the box ( imagine that ! )
    it turned out it was defective! the slot that holds the memory card wasn't working at all, I couldn't format or gain access.
    I went to the Alltel store ( 40 mile round trip) they couldn't replace it since I bought it at a Wal-Mart. I still don't understand that policy? and Alltel told to get it replaced where I purchased the phone.
    I made 4 calls to Alltel to get it straightened out, they hung up on me 3 times, then had to drive back to the Wal-Mart where I purchased it, ( 100 mile round trip ).
    I then had to argue with the old fart gray haired :censored: lady behind the counter, and she was not winning her argument with me. I heard enough of her so, I had to get a store manager to argue with as well, then the store manager had to call Alltel only to find out I was still in their 30 day grace period. ( imagine that ! )
    So, the :censored: behind the counter pulls a new phone out of the glass display case, turns her back to me and fiddles with the 2 phones while on the store phone with Alltel, 10 minutes later she spins around, and hands me a razr and asks, "is everything on this one"..turns out she tried to give me my old broken phone that I was trying to return, I caught her and said, what the :censored: are you trying to pull here, she says " oh my mistake I gave you the wrong one..grrrrrrr so after 2 hours of standing at the counter at Wal-Mart I finally have a new Razr.
    I'm considering sending Alltel a bill for my time, mileage, and inconvience for a defective phone. for some reason "sorry" just doesn't cut it.
    as I get older in age, I question what they call customer service, here I am paying the bill and it appears that no one wants to help me with a defective product, but they are good with playing the run-around game.

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Don't ever by cell service from anyone like a third party dealer. Walmart is one of them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah never buy from a 3rd party dealer. Alltel or any other wireless carrier will not stand behind the phone that is not bot from them and the 3rd party guys are not the best to get things out of. This happens all the time and the wireless carriers get the heat for what the 3rd party dealers do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    This is why I hate dealers. I know the generate a lot of money by adding subscribers, but they also add agrivation by selling products and having their own policies on them

5. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    True. They make good companies look bad. When I need a phone I just go to the company store. That way if there is a problem I can go back to them yell. :p

6. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tech! Where have you been old chum?:) Or have you just been lurking around without posting? haha.

7. chapulincolorado

chapulincolorado New Member

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, but, as others have stated, that's the life of a cell phone consumer when you buy through 3rd party sellers.

8. SharkVette

SharkVette New Member

Well, I've learned my lesson, thats what I get for saving money..I walked out spending under $20 for the V3m Razr with a 2 year contract, versus ($40 something) for getting one at the Alltel store..

9. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I have been exteremly busy lately and only been lerking once in a while. Hopefully, I will be able to post more soon.

10. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Oh, yeah kind of figured. Hope it eases up a bit for ya...unless it's a good busy and not a fixing other people's mistakes kind of busy, i hate that.....