Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My 3595 has been dropping calls like a disease

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by xhighflyerx23mjx, Apr 23, 2006.

1. xhighflyerx23mjx

xhighflyerx23mjx New Member

Well, it started probably last week. My service bar will be 75% and above and my phone will drop calls. I have learned that there are certain places in my house I cant talk to people in due to this problem. No one else seems to have the problem in my house. Well not that I know of at least. I have Cingular Blue. I had this cell phone almost 2 years and I never had this many dropped calls in a year let alone a day. It happens at least 10 times a day. Very irritating!:censored:

EDIT: Now I am getting no service on my phone what-so-ever. No matter where I go, so service anywhere. Very weird...

#1 xhighflyerx23mjx, Apr 23, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    If you have had the phone 2years that could explain it when things get older they seem to not work as well.

3. djdubber

djdubber New Member

perhaps time to upgrade it? most american consumers upgrade their cell phones atleast 2 times a year

4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well you dont have to but it is up to you.

5. Automatic

Automatic New Member

Sorry to tell you but, I had the exact same issue with the exact same phone and carrier. Perfect for 2 yrs. and then as of Nov 2005 started dropping calls like a maniac.

After having the engineers personally look over my service.. I was told that they believed there was an issue getting my 3595 to work on the 'enhanced' system. (My wife's still works but, she doesn't use it as much as I do, less noticable).

I've switched to several different phones in attempt to resolve the problem.

What I can tell you so far... Best reception of the phones I've tried goes to Nokia 6030. (no dropped calls in over 2 weeks I evaluated it) Unfortunately it was very hard for me to hear the ringer & call waiting. (Great speakerphone and earpiece)
    Sony E - W600i was worse than the 3595. I had the phone less than 1 day.
    LG CG300- Seemed to work alright for a week (then had it 'blank', powered but no display, couple days later I couldn't carry on a conversation the entire day... numerous dropped calls & got told I couldn't be heard)

I'm in the Chicago burbs' and it's very frustrating. I can actually see the signal strength on many of the phones go from full bars to 'No Service' while I'm sitting still. To be honest the ONLY reason I'm still with Cingular is that I have a fantastic rep. that goes above & beyond to try and help.

I hope you have better luck in your situation.

Respectfully,
    Automatic