Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My 2.2 experience

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by bobolito, Nov 27, 2008.

1. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I always welcome an update that fixes bugs rather than create bugs. This certainly has been what 2.2 brings to the iPhone. Safari is definitely more stable. I can now browse those sites I mentioned in another thread with no problem. It is definitely faster and more stable. The speakerphone got a nice boost so I no longer need the VolumeBoost jailbroken app. The International keyboard is a nice addition as well as the ability to disable the autocorrect. I never needed autocorrection anyway and it only caused me to waste my time. So now I have it turned off. It was a nightmare trying to type in Spanish with autocorrect telling me what to do on every single word.

There are still other problems that I'm uncertain if they have been fixed such as the occasional opening of favorites when I unplugged my headset or the sudden loss of 3G signal. I haven't seen either one yet, but those were occasional problems that only happened every few days. So I'll report in a few days to see if they're still there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 bobolito, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Sounds good!

When you turn on the international keyboard (say for german, etc) the spell checker changes also. So in an SMS, the keyboard has a little globe icon between number and space button. That let's you go through the languages chosen. The auto correct then changes too. It works pretty well for German. Does that not help in Spanish? It was there for 2.1 also.

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It works nicely in spanish because to write words like "mañana" I don't have to worry about the tilde because it adds it automatically. Maybe I'll keep it on for a while to see how it helps, because trying to type in spanish before this was a nightmare. LOL! In 2.1 I ended up turning it off with the jailbreak solution, but now that it is built in to 2.2 I don't need that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...