Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

MVNO Programs for Prepaid Wireless

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by wwwireless, Jul 21, 2005.

1. wwwireless

wwwireless New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    Just a quick question - What is the best MVNO program you guys are selling in the NE (other than Boost Mobile, which doesn't count because the carrier owns it) I'd just like to see what is the favorite in the NE Market.

Thanks Guys

2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    :welcome: to Wireless Advisor!

The largest MVNO in the U.S. is TracFone. Depending on phone model and geographic area, their phones are mainly activated on Verizon, Cingular, or T-Mobile. TracFone also offers off-network roaming.

Speaking from personal experience, I have had problems with them, their customer service is also outsourced, and will not recommend TracFone.

If you are looking for prepaid service, I believe you will be better off purchasing service directly from the carrier. Cingular, T-Mobile, and Verizon all offer prepay services, Verizon's offers off-network roaming. Cingular and T-Mobile do not.

Cost-wise, T-Mobile's To Go service is the least expensive. Phones can be purchased at Target as well as T-Mobile stores, and once you spend/add $100 in refills (this threshold was reduced from $250), you achieve Gold Rewards status, and all refills/minutes added after reaching that, do not expire for one year (365 days), including their $10 (ten) card.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...