Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Murphy, NC

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by Whamrick, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Whamrick

Whamrick New Member

Wonder if we could revive this thread for an update on ATT and Verizon service in and around Murphy, NC.

I'm in an area not served by cable and would like to get data access beyond the 32.2 kpbs I'm getting from a Verizon landline.

Any info or thoughts would be very much appreciated!

2. bmil

bmil New Member

I'd love to hear about any positive updates also. No cable, no dsl, no cell coverage at the house. Any little glimmer of hope would be a great New Years present. The thought of having to pay big bucks for a crappy satellite broadband service is too depressing...

3. Whamrick

Whamrick New Member

Wonder what speeds are folks getting with the Verizon AirCards in the Murphy, NC area?

4. hillbilly44

hillbilly44 Senior Member

You might look into the Hughes net satellite system. WalMart is selling with speeds up to 1.8mps. It starts at about $60 per month with a $300 equipment purchase (it's can be done with other options too).:browani:

5. bmil

bmil New Member

The satellite broadband FAP's are an absolute showstopper for me..