Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

mp3 on Razr V3m

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by robbinsp, Dec 21, 2006.

1. robbinsp

robbinsp New Member

When someone finds how to get mp3's on an alltel v3m, someone please let me know. For i have recieved the "run around" (from alltel, then motorola)and am about to file a lawsuit saying that "alltel is in breach of contract for advertising V3m as an mp3 player"

if i am mistaken, someone please inform me.

if i am not, then i am going to resume a course of action that will make YOUR local news.

thanks,
    pat

2. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Do you have a mini SD card? I would assume you just drop some mp3's on the mini sd card, install it in the phone and access them from there. Also, I'm able to send mp3's via mms to other alltel folks and they can play them no problem.

3. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    There are several ways to get MP3's on the Moto V3m specially with Alltel who unlike some carriers doesnt block the phones features. The book also list this information, for one you can do Bluetooth OBEX file xfer from a pc to the phone. Then just save the MP3's on your phones main memory. If you have a Micro SD card which the V3m uses you can put the MP3's on there and the phone will pick them up. So to answer your question you are mistaken, not sure why you would have gotten the run around over it... but then again I have gotten the run around on stuff before to with Moto :p but yeah it can do it thats something that all carriers not just Alltel advertise the V3m can do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Yes the V3m I very capable as a Mp3 player. I've found the best way is to just get a 1 gb micro sd card and the little SD converter they have so you can plug it in to the memory card reader on your computer and just copy the files to the memory card. You have to get a certain type of software to transfer the files with the USB cord. Bluetooth you need computer with a way to access the bluetooth.

Remember MicroSD=Transflash when shopping.

So I would go here http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=1579&

And pick out one you like. They often have the best prices.

Remember if you want them to continue playing you need to make a playlist on the phone and select which ones you want to play, otherwise it will play the song and then stop and not play the next one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    Also...when using the memory card, put it in the phone first and format it. This will create the folders the phone will look for when adding media to the card. It makes it much easier to add the files to the card for the phone to read them. Also, it does need to be an mp3 file, the phone won't respond to .wma or .aac files. Another thing my 710 did, that I am not 100% certain about the RAZR, is that the mp3 file name had to be 20 characters or less. Hope this helps, too. :)

6. azstarider

azstarider New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    by putting small mp3's on the memory card then inserting card into phone, can you then use this mp3 as a ringer?

7. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    If you match it up the about the same size as the default ones and then copy it from the card to the phones memory then yes I believe you can.

8. rayred

rayred New Member

Hi, new to Alltel and this website! I can understand the frustrations as I have also had varying information about playing mp3's on my new Red Razr. I did go out and purchase a micro sd card after the 3rd person in the second store I went to told me that was how you get mp3's on the Razr. But they didn't say anything about any other software...

What else do I need?

thanks

Ray

9. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All you need to do is connect your card to your computer, copy and past your mp3s onto the card. Make sure you put it into the right folder. This may take trial and error. You only need the software to transfer them with the USB cable. Memory card you do not need it.

10. phtgrphr

phtgrphr New Member

I bought a Sandisk micro sd with sd card adapter after I bought my RAZR v3m. Unfortunately, the disk appears as "read only" in ownerships and permission on a Mac. There is no drag down menu to change this. It simply says "you can read only". I can read files but I cannot write to any level of the card. If anyone can help me, please let me know.

Thanks,

cliff

11. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Is the "Lock" button on the side of the sd card adapter in the locked position? (it's a real little button on the edge, usually gray but not always) If it is then move it up or down which ever it is not currently and try it again.

12. bschoen

bschoen New Member

What software do you need to download mp3's via the USB cable? Can it be downloaded somewhere? Thanks!

13. azstarider

azstarider New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    OK, so I got a microsd card and a cheap $10 dollar card reader. edited some mp3's with a wave editor, transfered songs and the new ringtones onto the micro from the pc, then moved the ringtones off of the micro onto phone memory. instant Pink Floyd ringtones. simple.

14. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    It is called Motorola Phone Tools. I don't know of any free downloadable copies out there but there might be. You have to pay for it otherwise.

15. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yep, it's pretty cool. Some people actually pay $1.50 for that 15 second clip! :)

16. nikkiannx

nikkiannx New Member

But how do you move them from your memory card to the phone memory?

17. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    With the memory card in your phone, go into the Media Gallery and locate the file. Once there, I believe it's something like Options, move or copy to, then choose "phone" and it should move it over to the phone, then it's supposed to be listed to be able to be used as a ringtone. (It's been awhile since I've done this on a Moto, so I apologize in advance if my instructions aren't clear)