Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Moved from AT&T to Cingular - what happens to online account?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Tennberg, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Tennberg

Tennberg New Member

Hi everyone,

Over the weekend, I moved from my ATTWS account with a Nokia 7210 to a Cingular account with a Motorola V551. The process took 10 minutes and I was out the door before I knew it.

Last night, I logged onto my AT&T account at ATTWS.com, and it is showing the number as being disconnected and shows very little other information.

Do I need to create a new online account with Cingular or is there a way to move my AT&T online information to Cingular's website? What then happens to my login/password to ATTWS.com? Is there a way to delete it?

Thanks!

2. dallison

dallison Senior Member

you will have to create a new acct at cingular.com with your new acct #

3. Tennberg

Tennberg New Member

So, I went ahead and created a new account at Cingular.com, and everything seems to be working fine.

Now, how do I permanently delete my ATTWS.com online account? Is there a way to do it online or would I need to call AT&T/Cingular to do it?

Thanks!

4. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

I lost all my Downloaded ringtones and Games
    when the Alpha Tag on My Samsung
    changed from ATT to CINGULAR.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You will not have to do anything with your online account at AWE, they will remove it for you once your last payment is received.

6. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Actually it doesn't always work that way, when i got service with Att last year around November my old account from two years past was still there, of course it didn't show any activity and one couldn't do anything with it but my account was still there, now the account that i closed in December of last year is still there also, i'm still able to see my last bill and mintues as well as some other information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That is odd, that you can still see your old account's. I have tried after migrating from TDMA to GSM and after going from a multiband to straight GSM & my old accounts were not accessiable. Maybe I was doing something wrong, or your's got stuck somehow in the system.

Guess you could call AWE after your last bill is paid & ask them to remove it if you need or want it removed.

8. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I paid my last bill in December, go figure..

9. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

There's now a Notice on the ATTWS online account
    that on April 29 the
    ATTWS Website will No Longer Exist
    all online Account will be Migrated to Cingular

10. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Also in this months bills, it has the same information that the AWE website will no longer be available & everything will be thru Cingular.com.
    Some have said that the OCS is starting to become available now to Blue customers, but I tried it & got an error that they couldn't find my information.
    The 29th is the 180th day for them to use the AT&T Wireless name, & even some advertising is starting to remove the AWE affiliation. I know I saw 1 today during the race & they didn't mention AWE at all in the ad.