Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- Mountain Home

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by docmobs, Nov 2, 2009.

1. docmobs

docmobs New Member

I have a second vacation home in the Smokey Mountains of NC, God's country for me. I'll be retiring there in 1.5 years. No cable, no DSL. Cell signal is VERY weak. We depend on the land line. But IFI stand on 1 corner of my deck, (Looking up and out to the Smokey's and down to the mountain stream) I get a VERY weak signal (Verizon), and can occasionally carry on a conversation. Area code = 28723. I am personally willing to invest in reasonable technology that would amplifiy or boost my signal. I've seen antennas and amplifiers that might work to boost signals within builidings, etc. Is there reasonable technology available that would provide a Verizon signal strong enough to provide 3G, etc in an area which is poorly served by this technology?:)
    Thanks, Docmobs

2. hillbilly44

hillbilly44 Senior Member

Doc;

There are several good repeaters that would work for you. try someone like Wilson Electronics or our buddy Maximum Signal. Good luck!:D