Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola’s First Android Phone Takes Aim at Social Networks

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Scrumhalf, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    The new Moto Cliq looks nice!!!! As a Moto fan, I would like to see them come out with a blockbuster....

[​IMG]

Motorola introduced the Cliq, the company’s first phone based on the Android mobile operating system. The device will have a custom interface called Moto Blur that will bring together e-mail messages, text messages, Facebook and Twitter feeds, and photos into a single interface.
    The phone has a physical slide-out keyboard, a 5-megapixel camera, Wi-Fi, 3G connectivity, the ability to shoot video at 24 frames per second, a standard headphone jack and GPS capability. The phone will be available on T-Mobile’s network in the fourth quarter. Motorola did not disclose the price for the phone.
    “This is the first phone with social skills,” said Cole Brodman, chief technology officer at T-Mobile. “Cliq and Moto Blur is the start of the next chapter of Android and shows significance of the platform.”
    The phone will also be available internationally under the name Moto Dext.
    Motorola also plans to introduce another phone in the next few weeks, in time for holiday season sales.

Motorola’s First Android Phone Takes Aim at Social Networks | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Looks pretty solid. Hope to see Moto make a comeback.

PS- Why 2 names? Cliq and Dext? :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I agree it's not a bad looking phone & would be nice to see them make a comeback & not just ride the coat tails of a hit phone like they did with the Razr.

As for the different names, maybe for them to distinguish them between a US version and International? maybe they won't be quadband phones?

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    The Motorola CLIQ is on T-Mobile USA, and the Motorola DEXT on Orange (in France and the UK) and Telefónica (in Spain and Latin America).

They will both be quad band GSM 850/900/1800/1900but different triband WCDMA 900/1700/2100 or 900/1900/2100.

PS: Glad to see you back Fire.

5. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ok so it kinda has something to do with bands for WCDMA I am surprised DT didn't take it to other countries too, Thanks Charlyee & happy to be back ;)

6. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    It is interesting how the speaker slot, the home button and the overall shape look very much like an iPhone. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!