Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola V635 -vs- Sony Ericsson S710a

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by snozle, Jul 27, 2005.

1. snozle

snozle New Member

My previous phone was a Motorola V3 RAZR and I loved it. While in the UK for 2 weeks I bought a Sony Ericsson k750i which is awesome but when I brought it over to the states I realized that I need the 850 band that it was lacking.

I'm going to return the k750i and either buy the Motorola v635 or the Sony Ericsson s710a. Any suggestions on which one to buy?

I liked Sony's GUI better than motorola's and I also like the QVGA screen on it, however the Motorola is quad band and the Sony is only Tri-band (not that big of a deal to me though). Also, the Motorola appears to be cheaper, but the k750i is more than both of them so that shouldn't be a problem.

I like the 1.3MP cameras on both (the k750i had a 2MP) but I like how the sony you hold like a real camera as opposed to the motorola's upright position.

Both phones got great reviews on phonescoop.com and I can't decide which one to buy...help!

2. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Do you like Flips or Candy bar's better?

You are already used to the Moto UI.

You have a tough decision.

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Then you should look into other aspects such as sound quality, call quality and battery life. I think the SE has better battery life than the Moto V635, but I am not sure. Sound quality is great on both, but I think the Moto is a bit better with the sound.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. snozle

snozle New Member

Well, I guess i'm kind of indifferent. I loved my RAZR which was a flip but the k750i was awesome and that was candy bar.

Yes, I'm already used to the moto UI however, I've had the k750i for a few days now and I am already growing accustomed to sony's UI, which I like much better.

I don't know if this is me, but the sony phones seemed much more customizable, and I also really liked how they will send your wap, mms, and email settings to you through SMS

5. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Motos are the most customizable phones on Earth right now. You can even change the names in the menus if you don't like the way Motorola names them!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Plus you can hack Moto phones like no other phones out there. So far I am still thinking e815 this october for my NE2.

7. snozle

snozle New Member

Are there any Sony Ericsson phones coming out in the US soon? Those new Motorola Wifi phones look awesome but when are they slated to come out? I need a new phone soon but I don't want to buy a phone and have a brand new one come out 1 month later.

8. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Trust me, those nice phones won't be coming out any time soon. Don't wait for phones. There will always be a nicer phone in the pipeline so if you wait, by the time the phone you want comes out, there will be an even better one in the works. Just get whatever fits your needs now and enjoy it. If a nicer one comes out, don't sweat it. There will be an even nicer one later on.

9. snozle

snozle New Member

Alright, I finally got the Sony Ericsson s710a and I love it, my only complaints are that its a little large and the UI is a little slow.

The k750i is so much better though, why don't they come out with that in the US with 850 MHz.

10. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    As a general rule, the US must be at least a year behind the rest of the world.

11. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah... and it completely sucks. The S700i was out for a good year before SE brought the S710i variant to the US (just added 850mhz and EDGE, as I recall). I played with an S710i in the Cingular store today and loved it. The UI is somewhat slow but nowhere near as bad as older SE's (the T68i, for example).