Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

motorola v60 vs. sanyo 5150

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by xenub, May 31, 2002.

1. xenub

xenub New Member

[​IMG]

1. what is the diff b/w v60c and v60t. which one do u recommend?

so, am in the bay area.
    my key criteria was size and i seem to have found it in both the motorola v60 and the sanyo 5150.
    the v60 is smaller while the sanyo has the color. both are expensive. the cheapest deal iam getting on the v60 is the cingular which is 170 activation included. the sanyo seems to be offered with only sprint and thats going to cost me abt 200..

which phone is the better one?

thanks
    zainab

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The V60C is set up for Verizon wireless and Alltel
    The V60T is set up for At&t wireless and Cingular wireless (There TDMA said)
    What you are getting with cingular is the V60g that is GSM digital in the bay area of california
    Sprint is the only provider of the sanyo 5150

Kevin James is from the bay area and give you insight on at&t
    Larry is also from california and uses sprint pcs and is extremely happy with the service

Both the phones are good phones. Sanyo phones work really good with sprint pcs

Sprint has a 14 day trial period and At&t wireless is 30 days

Any more questions ask away

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The Sanyo 5150 is an awesome phone. If you can get it for $200 it would be well worth it considering it was originally $400. The Samsung A460 is also worth looking into. Both are Sprint phones.

4. xenub

xenub New Member

thanks for the information! i did look at the samsung a400 but believe they are out wiht a new one? plus, i dint like the key pad all that much. at this point, with both being good phones. i guess i just have to look for the best value fro the money and the service coverage...

any ideas on the coverage offered by v60 carriers (sprint doesnt??

thanks

5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I don't think Sprint is selling Motorola phone anymore. I personally think they have better sound quality than Sanyo. Almost anyone else will sell you their version of the V60:

V60t = TDMA
    V60g = GSM
    V60c = CDMA

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. be

be New Member

Many of my friends using V60 and they are satisfied with it. It is a good phone that I like too, but they don't offer in Sprint. Good Guys sell it free this Father's Day weekend (after rebates for new customers). I don't know about the 5150 yet. I saw it in Sprint PCS store and the signal is good but not impressive as the Sanyo SCP6200. This 6200 signal is very good that whenever I come to the store, I look at it. It always have full strength signal indicator. The 5150 signal may changing up and down. If you want any phone, just go to the original dealer store of that phone and compare the signal since they turn on all of their phones (not like fake models in Best Buy or other places). They are not accurated, but at least you have some ideas about how the phone looks and works at that location. Larry suggested 5150, so it must be good, however, I believe Motorola is better .

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I was planing to get the 5150 also. I'm not sure what the price is but im pretty sure I can find it online for a much cheaper price; so if I do purchase it online would they charge me some activation fee or something else for not buying the phone from them? And Be; thats a wonderful idea to turn on your phone but this sprint here don't turn it on here. The V60 is a little smaller but the Sanyo seems to have a little more features. And the battery life on the 5150 isn't as good as the V60. But I don't go 3 days without recharging my battery [​IMG]. One last thing. How do I get a name on this board instead of being Anonymoouse. THankS

8. be

be New Member

Hey, Just go to your local Sprint PCS store to try the 5150 before buying online. Look up the store location at www.sprintpcs.com. If you want the V60, go to ATT stores or Cingular store (use their webpage to find the store). I've looked at the V60 at ATT store and they are not sexy as 5150. But that's not what you buy a phone for. If you go to Best buy, Circuit city, they have the phony phones only. Feel it first before you spend tons of money for these phones. Remember, Good Guys has V60 free this weekend. Too good to resist.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]

so i finally went in to the sprint store and got the sanyo 5150. [​IMG]
    will let u no how it works! now will have to get the syncronization software with it. the total came to 146 bucks...which i was happy with !

laterz and htanks

10. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    $146 how did you get it so inexpensive

Jack

11. Guest

Guest Guest

ok...so its for 299 ...get 70 bucks mail in rebate and if u get teh shared minutes then u get another 100 off. i insisted on activation fee off..came to a grand total of 146 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Cool

Thanks for the information

Jack

13. Ginseng3

Ginseng3 New Member

DO NOT buy or even think about buying a Mot. V60c it is CRAP !! I have owned it and I now have the Sanyo 5150 with sprint . the 5150 is years ahead of the V60c .. I can't believe they even sell that phone , it should be free if you sign up for service ..

GiN OUT ![​IMG]

14. Geoff

Geoff New Member

The v60 is free if you sign up at the right place! So you think it's worth using for that price? [​IMG]

15. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

please let us know how the 5150 and sprintpcs service is working for you where u are in cali. thanks.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

hi,
    sanyo is working fine. the service....it completely drops out if u got to teh concord area but then i dont no how that compares with the rst of the providers. its fairly stable in palo alto areas...loses out wheni am going to towards san francisco though ..some patches of the free way. will be going to the city sf today so will find out how it is there. the only VERY irritiating feature i have found is that the ringer is really low. even when i set it to its highest setting. i can barely hear it if in a crowded room. my husband calls it the anemic ringer!!!

17. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That's surprising because Sprint just added two new towers in Concord earlier this year.

18. kindaichi

kindaichi New Member

I used to own the v60t, it's pretty much crap besides the beautiful design.
    The battery door is MUCH fat comparing to v60c and heavy too.
    v60t's coverage is BAD. I don't mine not getting signals at BART, but on MUNI metro too?
    I think not. Even my old Nokia 8860 can get 3 out of 4 blocks of signal at the Metro.
    I live in the outer Mission district of San Francisco and it's impossible for me to get any signal
    with the v60t inside my house while I can get full strength with Nokia phones (very odd).
    The "browser" is disabled by AT&T and you will not be able to use it.
    Oh yeah, one more thing, the antenna is not extendable like the v60c.

[​IMG]

19. Guest

Guest Guest

ok just came back from sf and stoopid thing kept on dropping after abt every 3 minutes consistently! in the noe valley area!

20. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

usually sanyos are the best try gettin the phone checked out. also......something that i have noticed lately and other sprint users have is very sporadic service as of late seemingly tied in with the 3g upgrade......this is quite unacceptable and should be ironed out with the official launch in august.

21. kindaichi

kindaichi New Member

<< noe valley area! >>

Especially on 24th street @ Church.
    With Cingular, NO signal at all (Nokia 8890).
    With AT&T, 1 out of 3 blocks (MOT v60t).

[​IMG]