Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola V300 for Pay As You Go?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Gamer03, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    If I bought a Motorola V300 from T-Mobile with the Pay As You Go service, will the phone be unlocked where I could put in a SIM from another provider in the phone? Or would the phone only work with T-Mobile's service?

Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    All T-Mobile phones are locked. Postpaid customers (I think) are the only ones who can request to get their phone unlocked after 90 days of service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I got my Moto V66 converted to a Pre Pay plan on T-Mobile at the end of October. At that time they told me it can be unlocked after 90 days provided the minutes on my card don't expire or I add more minutes before they expire. I just added more minutes last week over the phone and CS told me the same thing that mine will be eligible for unlocking at the end of January.

So I am hoping that Pre Pay phones are also eligible after 90 days. If I find out otherwise I will let you know.

HTH

4. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I would appreciate it if you would let me know if your T-Mobile phone is eligible for unlocking at the end of January.

Thanks Charlyee.

I appreciate it.

5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hi Gamer I got my Pre Pay T-Mobile phone unlocked after 90 days as they had promised. The only catch was I would have to bought refill mins. in the last 30 days, so I bought the minimum at $10. It took 24 hours to get the unlock code.

HTH

6. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    It took me about 5 days to get my unlock code for my V600. They had to go back to Motorola and actually sent me an email telling me that Motorola doesn't always provide the unlock codes when they request them. Just a caution...

7. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Are you looking to do this so you will have an unlocked phone to use when travelling overseas, or just to have a backup phone?

8. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Probably travel overseas.

But I don't know if we would do that or just get a unlocked tri or quad band GSM phone on Ebay and get a prepaid service in Europe.

That is if my dad and mom still have plans to go over there, so as of right now, I don't know if they do......;)

9. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The ebay route was going to be my recommendation. I know the quad band phones tend to be more expenive than the others, but the V300 would be a good choice, and I think you would be able to get it on there for a good price. Having to pay for the T-Mobile pay as you go service just to get the phone and have it unlocked 90 days later seems like a pain to me. If I were you, I would be ebaying it all the way!

10. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    That is what I was thinking.....but like I said, I wouldn't do it until we would need the GSM phone.

11. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Let me know when you get to the point of wanting to purchase one and I will help you out with the unlocking process!