Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola V262 opinions please

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by CDMA, Jan 10, 2005.

1. CDMA

CDMA Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'z one boulder
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I am considering a new Motorola V262 phone. Is this a quality phone? Opinions please.

2. cgd

cgd Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3220
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    DH and I have them and we love them! The RF is wonderful on them, so much so that I've had to ask people if they're still there if they got quiet for a second because it was so clear with no background noise. It's a nice color flip with some customization of menus possible. Of course you can download more ringtones, but I like actual rings rather than songs, and the rings that come on the phone are nice. It also has a speakerphone which gets rave reviews from my husband. Ring and call volume are fine as well.

I'm not a huge fan of camera phones, plus many workplaces don't allow them anymore, so this phone will no doubt be popular. I'm not even sure what bluetooth is or how to use it, but this phone doesn't have that either. For most of us (that just want a PHONE that will make and receive calls instead of a PDA/gameboy/camera as well), this one's got all you need, nothing you don't. And at $49.99 with 2 yr contract, it's a good value.

3. walywrld1

walywrld1 New Member

I have had a V262 for approximately a month. I can say without reservation that this if one fine phone. The reception is exceptional. The voice quality is great. It is easy to use. It feels good in your hand. I have finally found a replacement for my trusty V60i.

I tried several different phones getting to the 262. I tried an LG5450... neat phone, poor reception, dropped calls, etc. Also found the same with the LG5550. LGs just did not work in my service area... a rural/fringe area.

What would I change... maybe a bigger display but the one on the phone is bright and extremely legible. The outside display is great. You have to be a little more attentive to the position of the phone on your ear... a little more so than with the V60i. This however is not really a problem in that you quickly get used to it.

The only phone I had found that worked consistantly was the V60i. This 262 matches its performance. If you are looking for just a good basic phone, no cameras and other frills... you cannot do any better than a 262 IMHO.

4. CDMA

CDMA Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'z one boulder
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Thanks for the information. I feel the same way about my V60i. Great reception and I can change the metal cases to make it look like a new phone when they get scratched. I also like the V60i's belt clip, which I would no longer have with a V262, but at least a belt case is available.

5. pj1292000

pj1292000 New Member

Its a a ok phone not the best best all phones have a defult to them you know what I mean that what I thank about the phone but I have one and it is a good phone to me it has all kinds of things on it will that what I thank about the phone

6. pj1292000

pj1292000 New Member

Its a a ok phone not the best best all phones have a defult to them you know what I mean that what I thank about the phone but I have one and it is a good phone to me it has all kinds of things on it will that what I thank about the pho

7. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    pj, this is a very old thread. The V262 was a great phone for it's time but I don't think anybody is selling them new anymore :(.
    Time goes on.