Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola v180

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Jim, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Jim

Jim Member

I have not had a strong signal in the house for 3 weeks. TM cs said no problem with towers, must be my phone (M v66), that they usually have problems after 18 months. I upgraded to a V180 & now have 5 bars again. A friend says probably only needed a new battery-is this possible? Old battery always showed full charge.

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I don't know how getting a new battery would have helped your signal-issue, I think it was probably just something with your old handset. I have heard the v66 had lots of issues and if the battery showed full charge I don't see how replacing it would have helped.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I am a very happy owner of a V66 that is 2.5+ years old, that is still as good as new. The only thing I have noticed is that the battey does not stay charged even for a day without much usage, but all that means is the battery should be replaced.

If your battery showed full charge then it was probably your phone. Well a new phone is always fun..Right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Probably was your phone. But, it wouldn't have been the battery causing it. I have a v180 on TMobile....and it works pretty good.

5. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    FYI, users of old phones will be getting a letter offering a couple of no-contract-extension upgrades since your current phone doesn't support the new VM system that T-Mobile is rolling out over the next 6-9 months. There are a few choices, prices range from Free to under $100. It is mostly old Motos liek the v66, v60, p280 and the Samsung q105 IIRC.

6. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Matt, my V66 is prepay, will this apply to me also?

Thanks

7. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Good question. I am not sure. I assume your phone works the same as a postpay phone, but I don't know that. You might want to call a TM store. I'll see if I can find out.

8. Jim

Jim Member

Yep! So far, happy with the v180. Just went on Ebay to buy a belt clip for it.