Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola T720 hidden menu help, anyone

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by bmkarnes, Mar 20, 2005.

1. bmkarnes

bmkarnes New Member

My Phone:
    LG AX4750
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel National Freedom 1000,National Touch2Talk,
    OK I'm am having a pain tiring to find the hidden menus for the Motorola T720,I can not find any one at Alltel who has messed with this phone enough cause it was the lowest selling phone in our area. I was given one of these phones and added it to my service plan but I have found nothing about it online for hidden menus and unlock codes. I'm not a real Motorola fan but it was free so any help would be nice with this one. I really wanted to get this phone to force digital and drop AMPS towers all together. I don't think I can get this phone to do that but there seems to be answer for just about everything you need here. Any help on this one.
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Found this on another site, hope it helps.
    Detailed Programming Instructions
    To get into the guts of the phone, you need to type in this key sequence very quickly from the idle screen:

MENU + 073887 + *

You will be prompted to "Enter Security Code". Verizon customers using anything other than the v.120cpp and T720cpp phones enter 000000. v.120cpp and T720cpp customers, along with Sprint PCS users, your phone is locked with a subsidy lock and cannot be accessed. Users of most other carriers can try 000000, 123456, and 654321.

Once you're in, here are your options (will vary by software version and phone model... ie, v.120e and T720c have options for 1xRTT data rate, and the T720c lets you configure Get It Now™):

Browser Setup - Lets you configure the WAP browser

WAP IP 1: The primary IP address of your WAP gateway. Verizon only: defaults to 207.232.99.109.

WAP Port 1: The primary TCP/IP port for your WAP gateway. Verizon only: defaults to 9201. Most carriers: 9200 or 9201.

WAP IP 2: The secondary IP address of your WAP gateway. Verizon only: also defaults to 207.232.99.109.

WAP Port 2: The secondary TCP/IP port for your WAP gateway. Verizon only: defaults to 9201. Most carriers: 9200 or 9201.

Confirmation: Choose whether or not to be prompted prior to launching the browser... displays an airtime usage warning. Can also give you a confirmation to exit the browser. Defaults to "off."

User Activation - identical to the "Quick" Programming Instructions, above.

AKEY - digital Authentication Key. DO NOT CHANGE THIS unless instructed to do so by your service provider.

Extended NAM - same basic layout as "Quick" Programming, but also adds:

Country Code: should be 310 in the US

CDMA Network: your carrier's CDMA Network ID (NID)

Email Gateway: SMS gateway phone number. Verizon only: defaults to 6245 (spells MAIL).

1st Channel A: A-side page channel primary, should be 283.

1st Channel B: B-side page channel primary, should be 384.

2nd Channel A: A-side page channel secondary, should be 691.

2nd Channel B: B-side page channel secondary, should be 777.

Security Code: Lets you change the user security code. Defaults to 000000, 123456, 654321, or some other code, depending on carrier (Verizon is 000000).

Lock Code: Defines the 4-digit User Lock code. Defaults to the last 4 digits of the MIN when a new MIN is being programmed, either manually or via OTA.

SPC: Allows you to define or change the Subsidy Lock Code. Leave this at 000000 if you want to be able to use Verizon's OTA.

Phone Numbers: Defines the number of active NAM's (Number Assignment Modules) in the phone. Valid values are 1 or 2. When set to 2, an "Active Line" option is added to the phone's Status menu.

Vocode: Lets you change the vocoder setting. Defaults to EVRC. Better call quality can be had by changing this, see below. Valid values are 8k, EVRC, or 13k. Note that 8k disappears in later software versions, including the v.120e and T720c.

SPC Overwrite: Determines whether you want the carrier to be able to change your subsidy lock via OTA programming. If you want to be able to continue accessing these menus, I suggest setting it to "Forbid."

System ID: Sets your phone's default SID. Also specified in the individual NAM programming.

SID/NID Pair: Defines SID/NID pairs. Overridden by a PRL???

Test Mode: More on that below.

Once you make a change, press END, then manually power-cycle the phone. Some newer software versions will power-cycle for you.

3. bmkarnes

bmkarnes New Member

My Phone:
    LG AX4750
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel National Freedom 1000,National Touch2Talk,
    Thank You, I couldn't find anything on a T720. When I called in to help on in just about everyone was stumped on this phone. We kind of had some problems with this one. I'm just playing with it for now anyway, I just bought out right another Kyocera 3250 off of Ebay so all of my phones will be Touch2Talk now anyway.But this did help me fix the problem I was having with my AKEY. Thats what I really need to get into. Now the phone doesn't receive analog signal. Yeah!!!!!
    Thanks a million, atleast I now have an OK backup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ecks76

ecks76 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto RAZR v3 (Mine)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular
    Any info on hidden menus on a T725? I'm most interested in changing the text on the small screen on the handset that usually shows the time but displays the carrier name when open...

5. D-Ice

D-Ice New Member

Can I force PCS mode on my T720? I have Verizon.

6. lisao1968

lisao1968 New Member

When I do the 74663 # #, I do not get to chose NAM 1.
    Help Please?