Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola T193g

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

What do you guys think of this phone and is it any good?

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Stay away from it. Get the 3390 (for the inexpensive phone)

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanx, Jack. Well, when and if I apply with T-mobile, i'll get the phone for free. There is also another Motorola phone that they are offering for 40 dollars. It's too bad that I don't remember the model of the phone. Unfortunately, they were only offering two phones at Sams Club (where I found the T-mobile offer). Anyways, i'll try and find out what the model was so I can get some feedback.

Thanx

4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    IF you have any more questions please feel free to ask away

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Do you have any idea how the service of T-mobile is in Riverside/ San Bernardino county, california?

6. Bluetorch

Bluetorch New Member

I used this phone with Cingular last year. It wasn't a bad phone, but I do have some things against it.

1. The cycling menu can get to be quite annoying. Basically, you have no shortcuts so navigating takes forever when you're trying to change settings on your phone. They do provide a "map" of the cycle for you in the owner's manual.

2. Using the phone book is also tedious. Unlike Nokia and other Motorola phones, you actually have to enter in the letter of the person you are trying to reach and search for that, THEN scroll down to dial. Just bad designing for the interface.

3. The phone is also flimsy. You can hear the plastic creaks when you apply pressure to certain areas. The port for your charger is also very flimsy. Mine broke after two months, and I had to open up the phone myself and fix it.

Basically, this is one of Motorola's fun phones. It was nice to look at, but the interface and navigation system was horrible. If you're looking for a phone like this one, opt for a Nokia 3-series phone instead.

7. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Hi,

I got my family plan at Sam's Club. You might talk to the folks there and see if they will work with you. When I went there they were showing four phones -- the 193, the 3390 and the Nokia R225 and N105. I asked about the V60g and he said he could get it for me. In fact, the sales rep had to drive 25 miles to pick it up for me. I went there several times and was trying to decide whether to spend the extra money for the V60g or just get the N105. By the third trip or so he had run out of the N105 but said he could get it for me. Now I do live in the metro area where the concession company has its corporate headquarters (Phoenix) so it may be harder for you but it is worth asking.

8. waycath

waycath Junior Member

I guess I have been fortunate. I have had the Motorola T-193 for four months and it has performed well for me. Reading these message boards really makes me want one of the more expensive phones talked about on here, but it is not a financial priority.

9. Bluetorch

Bluetorch New Member

Yeah, waycath, I wish my phone had lasted a little longer. Back then when I had it with Cingular, no one had that phone so it was nice to have a unique phone for once. Everyone has a V60 these days. After two months, I got used to the navigation system, but then the phone died on me. [​IMG]

10. Lakergurl01

Lakergurl01 New Member

One thing that i'd like to make sure is the phone's reception. Does it get good reception in most areas?

11. Bluetorch

Bluetorch New Member

Yes, the phone gets decent reception. The call quality is also good.

12. calbee

calbee Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I got a Motorola T193 (not sure about the "g") when I signed up with T-Mobile two weeks ago. Perhaps I'm lucky but my experience is very positive. I'm not a fan of the Motorola logic and find Nokia's much more user friendly, but must admit the T-193 has been satisfactory. The sound quality is superior to my Nokia with ATT, though I'd like to attribute that to T-Mobile reception rather than just the phone. I had a choice between the Nokia 3390 and T193 (for free) , and the only reason I chose the Motorola was because of the internet access. Wish TM would offer the Nokia 3395!

13. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

If you're looking for a Nokia phone with internet (GPRS=iStream/T-Zones), then I would recommend the Nokia 8390. It goes for about $250. Voicestream doesn't carry the phone, but you can buy an Unlocked one for use on any GSM network. I had the Nokia 5190, Nokia 3390, and the Motorola P280.

The Nokia 3390 was a wonderful phone and still is. The only reason I got rid of it is because it didn't have internet. I bought the P280, but it doesn't compare to my Nokia 8390. Motorola has stuff all f***ed up, excuse my language, but they do.