Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola Razr wet - Verizon

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by MDGIRL920, Feb 19, 2007.

1. MDGIRL920

MDGIRL920 New Member

WOW, fragile phone here. I got it wet and everything works now after removing battery and drying out...except I cannot connect to the network (Verizon) - Which is key here. The games work on it, hear music, etc, my contacts are in there, I can view texts sent and received but am unable to send any new messages or make any calls on it. Also, the battery charges fine. Verizon tech sees red dot indicating phone wet and says I need another but I want to know why all other features on phone work if phone is ruined? Anyone have advice?

2. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You got the phone wet and it is a rare occasion that a phone works properly once that happens. If the other features work on the phone it does not matter. The phone is junk and you cannot use the phone for what it's main purpose is for... making calls,you need a new phone good luck.;) Welcome to WA.:)

3. MDGIRL920

MDGIRL920 New Member

Yah, thank you! I figured it was ruined - Thank you for your reply!

4. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    VERIZON...enough said!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rontobin

rontobin New Member

Don't panic it's not destroyed, I have about a 90% success rate teaching RAZRs to
    swim!.........{: + ) The other 10% that are beyond help I'll offer to buy for body parts. etc!
    Most RAZRs are returned to their owners in reasonably reliable working order. I have routinely
    restored RAZRS that the owners dropped in the sink two years ago, saw my ad and got it
    to me for repair!

To fix it, I will back-up all files (phone book, schedule, pics), and completely disassemble the
    phone, thoroughly clean it (every micro flex cable contact), and give the Motherboard (PCB) a
    chemical bath to stop any corrosion! I re-assemble, then use as my phone (or wife's) for couple
    days so we encounter no surprises! I then return it by priority USPS mail....................usually only
    takes one (1) day to get back to your area!

RON TOBIN
    E-Mail DELETED

#5 rontobin, Apr 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2008
  6. Donniew

Donniew New Member

to rontobin. You seem to be very familiar with repairs. I am seeking help to replace the faceplate that cracked on my KRZR. I have another phone exactly the same (minus cracked faceplate) that I want to switch with. Can you help me? Maybe a link to a website with a disassembly diagram. Anything to help me is appreciated.