Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola Razr V3A Red

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by jimnjudi, Jul 15, 2008.

1. jimnjudi

jimnjudi New Member

My Razr V3A will let me download almost any music and ring tones to it however, It will not let me use the ringtones that I download. According to the local Alltel sales rep there is some sort of a block that is put in the phone to keep that from happening. Hoe can I get rid of this :censored: block to use my own ringtones :confused:

Thanks a bunch

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Are you talking about downloading through Axcess Apps or sending them to your phone via Bluetooth or using a data cable?

If your'e talking about not being able to use downloads you've paid for, that's a malfunction.

If you're talking about using free tones you've made yourself, that's a function Alltel has added to their software. The only way to get around it would be to seem edit your phone but that can be very dangerous and could basically "kill" your phone. There are lots of tutorials on WA.com about doing such things.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jimnjudi

jimnjudi New Member

Thanks for the help. I guess I will just keep it till I get another phone or switch carriers. I think it is stupid that Alltel does that.

4. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Everyone does that now. Alltel was on of the last to adopt the part of the firmware, actually. A lot of Verizon customers used to put Alltel firmware on their Verizon phones so they could transfer files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jimnjudi

jimnjudi New Member

So if I am understanding you correctly, I can only use the ringtones that come with my phone and I would have to download ringtones from Alltel to use on my Razr? :confused:

6. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Yes, unless you use one of the hacks to bypass it, risking possible phone damage that can void your phone warranty. I would suggest making sure you have Product Guard Plus on your phoneline first and let it take the time to actually take effect before you actually do this so you are legally and wholly covered by insurance.

7. jimnjudi

jimnjudi New Member

Well I do have the extra warranty, Plus I think I am still covered under the manufacturers warranty as well. Can you send me a link or something to where I can find what you are talking about? Thanks for your help.:wink:

8. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

There is no "extended warranty", however you may have INSURANCE that includes so called "warranty" coverage. If so, you are either paying $5 or $7 per month of it.

Hacking the phone will void you phone's manufacturer warranty.

9. jimnjudi

jimnjudi New Member

You are correct. extended warranty. I pay the first $50.00 and they pay the rest to replace it with a new phone. So do you have and links to where I can find out how to attempt to reprogram the phone?

Thanks again

10. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Technically there is a feature called Extended Warranty. What that does is it increases your warranty past the first year of the original warranty if a defect occurs with the phone that is NOT your fault, such as the screen going bad, keypad busting, the phone not turning on, etc. and was not caused by physical damage.

Insurance, as Bryan pointed out, is what you are talking about. Thta's where if you screw up your phone with water damage, dropping it, etc., you pay the $50 dollars and $5 a month for your phone to get a new one ($95/7 for premium phones like the HTC 6800). There is a difference.

11. jimnjudi

jimnjudi New Member

Understood. Now do you know where I can go online to get the programming instructions on how to reprogram this phone to accept the ringtoned that I want?

12. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    My son has the red V3A. His friend text messaged a few ringtones to him and he was able to apply them as a ringer....Can you have a friend try to text you a ringer and give that a try?

13. every1nosme

every1nosme New Member

this only works on phones with the older software. there are workarounds available on other forums or maybe even this one if you look..

14. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    He just got it in April, shipped to us from our business rep...under the wire I guess...