Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola Q??

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by JGreer97, Jan 26, 2007.

1. JGreer97

JGreer97 Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, AT&T
    Does anyone know when alltel will be getting the Q

With Alltel Since 1998

2. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    It's scheduled for release Feb. 15th

3. JGreer97

JGreer97 Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, AT&T
    Cool, Thank You

With Alltel Since 1998

4. LonghornBob

LonghornBob Member

Praise the Lord. I've been waiting for that damned phone for nearly a year, and have a meeting with the Verizon corporate rep on Thursday to switch my service.

I guess I can have my secretary cancel that one.

If I don't have it in hand by the 16th though, I'm done with this bunk.

5. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. But, on the other hand, I think this will be the real thing. From what I've heard it's through testing and just waiting to ship. Knowing Alltel, though, it's gonna cost an arm and a leg...

6. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah I have some good friends with Alltel telling me that it's a go to. But as everyone on here knows that can all change.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Here's hoping. I want to get my grubby little hands on one. (I would have already done that but Verizon doesn't offer service in my neck of the woods.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Allthingssmall

Allthingssmall New Member

I've spoken with 2 reps at Alltel in the last 3 days and both have said that the q has been taken off of their intranet and there is no release date now. One said that it was probably due to testing issues and the other rep didn't know why. They both said that they are shooting for the first quarter though. What does that mean?? I've been holding off on buying another phone (since mine is half broke after 2 years) waiting for the q but this is getting painful.

9. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    It's been confirmed. New release date - To Be Determined.

10. LonghornBob

LonghornBob Member

And allow me to kick myself in the ___ for cancelling my appointment with the Verizon rep last week. Now I'll have to drive to his office and probably won't get whatever deal he was going to offer me in mine.

Trust Alltel again, get hosed again.

I will never sign another contract with a cellular phone company. I'm going to pay retail for my phones and go month to month from the start. I'm sick of getting roped in with people who don't give a crap becuase they've got 90% of their customers by the nads.

Thank God my contract is expiring. I really couldn't care less what network my employees are stuck with to be frank. I'm paying the bill so it's hard for them to complain, but I'm not going to put myself through any more of this incompetent, year and ahalf behind the curve crap from Alltel.

See you on the Verizon board...

11. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Gotta admit - Alltel had really dropped the ball on this one. There's no excuse for this level of incompetence.

12. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless

only thing is, paying retail for a phone won't always keep you out of a contract...VZW will put you under a 2 year agreement just for your rate plan and it gets reset anytime you make a plan change. I'm assuming most other carriers are the same.

I really don't understand why the Q is delayed...we even got our demo's in my call center...got a chance to play with one today.

13. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    So, what color was it? And what was the casing like? Was it a smooth plastic feel or did it have more of a rubberized feeling like the casing of the v262?

And, I too, am completely stumped by why this would be delayed. I know most retail locations got demos Thursday or Friday last week. So will they pull the demos out of the stores because of the "problems" that are causing this most recent delay??

14. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    it was silver, but there are times the demos we get at the call center are different than what is sold. It had more a metal feel to it overall for the casing. not textured like the 262 at all.

15. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    Silver is the version Alltel will get "when and if" they release the Q now. The release date is confirmed as TBD. Remember one thing though if its a software issue it doesnt mean it is Alltel's fault on that one. I am sure we all remember the Moto KRZR software issue that oddly only happened to the Alltel version and Moto had no clue how Alltel got the bad software version. So it could be the same with the Q.. then again it could be just other junk. I think this is the only phone they had scheduled for release this Qtr from what the guy down at the local store told me.

16. TKRunningRiot

TKRunningRiot New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3C
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel (Alltel Customer Service Rep)
  17. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What is it with Alltel and the gunmetal thing? Our first RAZRs were gunmetal, not black and now the Q is going to be gunmetal and not black?

What does a man have to do to get a black Motorola phone from Alltel?

18. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I don't think it will be the gunmetal gray color a previous poster mentioned. Moto is only making the black and gray versions. I doubt they would make a special color just for Alltel. Sprint got the black version, Verizon has both, and it sounds like Alltel will get the black as well.

As far as the RAZR's go, they've made them in every odd color out there and this is a phone whose polularity allowed for many color options. So I don't expect the Q to come in many different flavors unless it becomes iconic like the RAZR has.

19. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Not to be argumentative, but some very knowledgable people on other forums with "high-up" Alltel connections have confirmed that the Alltel Q will differ from the Sprint and Verizon models and WILL be a gunmetal gray color. I will be surprised if that is not the case. However, at this point, I will be simply surprised if Alltel can get the dang thing released....

20. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    Yes well whatever color it is, blue, black, red, or freaking yellow... the color makes no matter if the dang thing never sets its tail on an Alltel shelf. I am thinking the chances of it actually coming out between now and the time it is phased out by everyone else is slim... though it does seem Alltel has a bit of a snap for releasing phones just as or right after Verizon phases them out after yrs of service.

21. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I have to agree this has been a disaster for Alltel. I have money burning a hole in my pocket and if they don't get it together within the next couple of weeks I'm just gonna go for the 700wx. I got so desperate to see what the phone is like that I went into a Verizon store today to play with it. It was cool, but was only working at 1x speeds. I wanna see that puppy with full-blown EVDO....

22. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    As a Verizon Q owner in an EV-DO area, I can tell you it's FAST. But one thing to keep in mind is the monumental difference between the Q and the Treo 700wx is touchscreen capability. If you are a touchscreen fan, you will be hugely disappointed in the Q, if not, then you will love the thing.

The Q does many things, but a touchscreen (for me, anyway) would make it ideal, almost the perfect PDA phone.

Nonetheless, it is still a beautiful phone and I think you would enjoy it.

23. TKRunningRiot

TKRunningRiot New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3C
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel (Alltel Customer Service Rep)
    From my what I've heard from my sources, and people's experiences in the Alltel retail stores (reports of reps having Q demo phones) I would say expect the launch within the next couple weeks.

24. mcwilliams

mcwilliams Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel and AT&T
    What makes you think the Verizon rep won't offer you the same deal? Besides, have you used the Q? I don't find it that user friendly, I have a few of our employees that have gotten rid of theirs in a very short period of time. As far as the Verizon rep, be firm in what you want but remember the days of them giving away the moon are long gone. I can tell you this as the main person negotiating with over 9,000 lines of service. Companies don't bend over like they used to.

25. winter_war

winter_war Junior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6800
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I wonder if Alltel delayed the Q's release so they could get their new Smart Choice plans online first. These new plans are required for smartphones that are purchased with a contract.

26. JGreer97

JGreer97 Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, AT&T
    Smart Choice Plans? What is that suposed to be?

With Alltel Since 1998

27. winter_war

winter_war Junior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6800
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Link: Smart Choice Plans

My Circle
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile
    Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes starting at 7 p.m.
    Basic voicemail

Individual Plans
    $69.99 Smart Choice 500 *
    $89.99 MyCircle Smart Choice 500
    $109.99 MyCircle Smart Choice 1200
    $139.99 MyCircle Smart Choice 2000

* Plan does not include My Circle, Unlimited Messaging and Nights starting at 7.

Family Plans
    $89.99 Fam MyCircle Smart Choice 500
    $109.99 Fam MyCircle Smart Choice 1200
    $139.99 Fam MyCircle Smart Choice 2000

Family plan secondary lines available for $20/mo. Additional smart devices may not be added to primary account, & smart device must be the primary line of service on Smart Choice Pack $89.99 & higher, with no more than 4 secondary lines at $20/mo. 2-year service agreement required for each line in conjunction with a phone promotion. Additional smart devices do not qualify as family plans.

28. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Rumor now is first week of March for Alltel launching the Q due to a software issue. Don't know it it's Moto's software or Alltel's.

29. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Do people really STILL think it was a software issue? Don't you think it's a little "curious timing" that Alltel debuted the new smartphone plans prior to releasing the Q? I'm betting the Q is going to be the best-selling smartphone Alltel has ever carried - it appeals to the business people and the RAZR-type people who want the newest toy. The two-year price is going to be $99 after a $100 MIR, so it's going to be pretty affordable.

There's no doubt in my mind that the release of the Q was delayed so it would come after the introduction of the smartphone plans, now that you are REQUIRED to have a smartphone plan to get the contract pricing.

Another issue that supports this theory is that the Alltel stores have had "demo" Qs for three weeks now and several people I have talked to have said those phones have been very stable. They were sent BEFORE the supposed software problems delayed release....

30. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have no doubt that the smartphone plans played some part in the delay of the Q's release, however the smartphone plans are out now, so why delay it until next month? It doesn't make any sense. There is a software issue and it's getting fixed right now.

Obviously the demo phones arrived before the phones were released because they were planning on releasing the Q before now but they kept delaying it.