Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola L3 heat problems

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by Bad2theBone, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Bad2theBone

Bad2theBone New Member

My wife and I each just got new Motorola L3 cell phones thru Cingular within a month. My wife is complaining that if she is on the phone for about 1 min & longer it starts to get so hot that her ear burns. I don't seem to notice it on mine, but I don't use mine as much as she uses hers for work. I am retired and don't work. Anyone experience this with this phone? I have seen threads on V60's and screen problems with the razr phones, but nothing on the L3, yet. What could be causing it? And what is the fix, if known?

2. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Could be a short in the speaker, just a possibility, so don't take it as blatant fact. A easy experiment to test and see if it's operating normally is to let her use yours for a decent amount of time (15 to 30 minutes) and see if it repeats the situation. If not I would take the phone back to cingular and complain.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bad2theBone

Bad2theBone New Member

I tried doing that and it seems to be ok for the time. Then it started up again, as well as my phone seems to get a bit warm but not hot on conversations longer than 1 min. Also now she has problem receiving media messages, getting unable to download, but I don't seem to have that problem.:confused:

4. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If your still within your 30 day signup period, take the phone back to the store & have it swapped out for another one. This way you will be sure it's not the phone. As for problems with Media messages, there could be a problem with the phone or the settings & if you exchange it, you will know for sure if the problem is phone related.