Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola e815 want to switch to Razr will MPT work with Razr too?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by danah63, May 11, 2007.

1. danah63

danah63 New Member

Hi, I just joined the site and have a question. Right now I have a Motorola e815 phone through alltel. I want to switch to the thinner razr phone but am kind of afraid. With my phone now, I just plug it in to my PC, go to motorola phone tools, and download all my special ringtones and pictures. It takes me a second to do, and is so simple. I had a razr before I got this one, but only for a short time as I was having trouble with reception, so I got this one instead. Now I want the Razr again, but am afraid transferring all my special ringtones and pictures won't be as simple. Any comments would be appreciated! Thank you, Dana

2. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    Yes, MPT works with the Razr. I've never had a problem with MPT with an E815 or a Razr that a friend has. The w315 has a few problems with MPT but you shouldn't have any problem with a Razr. :)

3. danah63

danah63 New Member

Thank you for your quick reply:)

4. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What problems did you have with the W315? What version of MPT were you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    I hooked up one W315 to it and tried to transfer a ringtone to it when the W315 just came out and couldn't get anything to work right on it, I think those problems were fixed with an MPT update, but I've not tried it again to be sure so I just didn't want to confirm that the w315 worked flawlessly with it. I've updated MPT but I can't remember the version that it was.

6. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I had the same problem with an older version of MPT but after I upgraded to the latest I have not had any issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...