Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola 120c or Nokia 3285?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Airb330, May 6, 2002.

1. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I will be getting another cell phone soon with Verizon's FREEUP plan, quite possibly two. Anyway, it's between the 120c and 3285, both will be 80$. Personally, I think the 120 looks better, and feels better. I love my 5185, but this nokia just looks stupid. But, which phone has the best durability, and reception? Thanks alot!

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I would personally go with the 3285

Why not get a faceplate to jazz up the 5185i

Stay away from the v120

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Oh, I meant the 3265 looked kinda stupid. I LOVE my 5185i, I have like 5-6 faceplates for it lol!! Thanks for the info, I'll be using it alot too when I roam since my 5185 doesnt roam unless I am in Maryland/DC, and works fine in the home area (DE,PA,NJ). Thanks for you input, can you tell me why I should stay away from the 120, and why do you like the Nokia so much? thanks again

4. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    I was in a similar situation. I was gonna get Free Up but wasn't sure which phone. I was torn between the V120c and the Kyocera 2135. Ultimately I got the Kyocera for the following reasons
    1)Price
    2)Menus and UI were much more intiutive
    3)I've heard the 120 has a problem with the antennas breaking alot under normal usage
    4)The Verizon rep switched the ugly blue/purple face on the 2135 Prepaid for the Black face that comes with the one they give Post Pay customers.
    So far the 2135 has been great. If you're happy with Nokia, stick with it. If not check out the Kyocera. The Motorola just seems to be a bit iffy in terms of quality control and usability.

5. vzmiket

vzmiket New Member

Biggest problem with the 120c: Low Low Low volume even when you max it out a 7. Also precise phone placement to your ear is the big thing or else you won't hear well on them. That is what I get from about 90% of the users

6. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Still the 120c just looks better.....what about the Kyocera 2235? It's 30$ more, and seems cheaply made, but my friend's is nice....and she likes it. Well now it's between the 120c, 3285, and the Kyocera 2235.....good lord! Lol, thanks for any help you can give...!

7. Richie

Richie New Member

I originally had a V120c but exchanged it because the phone had problems with holding a weak signal and also had poor audio quality. I now have a StarTAC 7868 which I love. I was going to get the Nokia but didn't like the looks of it either. I pleaded with the salesperson to give me an honest opinion and she said that the StarTAC or the LG TM510 were the best phones that Verizon offered. The LG was a bit out of my range.

I would stay away from the V120c. It has nice features for the price but I wanted a phone I could hear and be heard with.

8. Sarasota

Sarasota Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Of the phones you've listed, go with the Kyocera 2235. With the Mot 120, you have problems hearing on it. While the Nokia is a pretty good entry level phone, the 2235 has a few more features to it. I have the 2235 now and love it.

Greg

9. Princess

Princess New Member

I recently purchased the kyocera 3035. I don't know much about these type of phones. I was also thinking of trading it in for the kyocera 2235. I have heard great things about the 2235 and not to much feedback on the 3035.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree that the volume, even all the way up, is inadequate on the motorola 120. I just upgraded early, after a lot of complaining, to replace my four motorolas with Kyocera 2235's- they better work well-- Verizon should have done this at no expense, 30 day return or not- just another example of near monopolisitic ownership of big networks.

11. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Out of those phones I would proabely go with the Kyocera 2235. I've heard mixed things about the 120c and the Nokia 3285.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

dont get the 120. pick either 3285 or 2235. 2235 is not cheaply made, the vx1 is [​IMG]