Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

motorokr z6m

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Amy62889, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Amy62889

Amy62889 New Member

I have a motorokr z6m and i'm trying to get my MP3 player to work. I have downloaded Alltel Music Connect and added my songs to that. But when i try to transfer over my songs, the "Move" button in inactive, and can not be clicked on. When i plug in my phone with the USB cord, it just starts charging my phone. I also do not know my validation code.

Any Help??

2. damog

damog New Member

you only need validation code if your using the celltop push for the songs, there should be two versions normal and celltop(needs code) on your desktop, also if the move is inactive then you have one of two issues, file compatibly or phone not reconized properly

1 - the file format of the song is not compatible with the phones player so it wont transfer it to the phone since there is no point and would only take up space, (or the file has lock symbol by it if it has digital rights settings on it)

2 - the computer isn't reconizing the phone, is there a pic of the phone in the top right corner? check connect with cable, check phone is turned on, if phone was turned off and says charging when connected its not able to talk with computer only transfer power, also check the phones pc connection/ usb setting (menu/settings/connections/..), you will need a memory card in the phone and the usb set to mass storage otherwise the computer will see phone as modem and not talk to the memory card on the phone

if you checked the phones usb setting, have memory card in the phone, and are using a compatible phone and all else failed and different usb port doesnt help, check your phone to see if it has the current software for the phone

( the u520 is one example that is only compatible with the latest version)

oh, and let your phone format the memory card

that should cover it all

enjoy :)

3. Amy62889

Amy62889 New Member

So you have to have a memory card, and the USB cord for it to hold the songs? It cannot store any without the card?? And what kind of card do I need?

4. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

I think just a MicroSD card and a SD card reader should be sufficient for your needs. You can get a 2GB from Wally World for $20 or $30, same at Radio Shack.

5. damog

damog New Member

memory card = yes
    usb cord = suggested *unless your gonna use alternative*

the software cant copy the files to the phones memory only memory card, due in part to software drivers and part to digital rights movement (blah)

the rokr last i checked is the only phone that can send the songs to the phone threw celltop from your computer but i belive there is a fee for the software and thats why its asking for validation code, i belive yotu can get trial usage code

the normal process would be to connect the phone with a usb cable to the computer with usb set to interact with the mass storage(memory card slot)

your phone uses a micro SD card ( 2 gb limit ) i belive its on the side of the phone should have slot cover with micro sd on it

and after the card is put in the phone make sure you let the phone format so it can set it up how it will talk to it

*also if you dont have and dont plan to get a usb cable you can format memory card then put it in memory card reader and copy songs directly to the card but make sure they are inside the folders the phone created as phones software can only look inside the folder it made and not scan the whole card if you put the songs in different spot*