Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Moto W755

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Jawilars, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Jawilars

Jawilars New Member

My Phone:
    Moto W755
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Just picked up the W755 (my lg 8600 got tossed and broke in half!) and was curious about how to turn off evdo. I live in a spot that is constantly changing between evdo and 1X. Does anyone know how to do this, or know a thread I can go to that will tell me how?
    I'm wondering if I need to connect my phone to my computer or something like that to do it. I'm not a cell phone techie, I know nothing of these things. It was pretty simple on my 8600, but that was an lg.
    I've been searching for something here and on google, and can find nothing so far, at least for my untrained eyes to recognize.
    I would also be interested in "modding," or personalizing my phone in the future, and would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction to learn how to do this. I'm a quick learner, so fear not that I will only mess up my phone. I do things the right way or not at all.
    Appreciate you folks and your knowledge.

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  3. Jawilars

Jawilars New Member

My Phone:
    Moto W755
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Tried the ##DEBUG and had to press send to get a response, a "##DEBUG MENU" came up with two options: 1. Location, 2. MMS.

I have no idea where to go from here.

4. Jawilars

Jawilars New Member

My Phone:
    Moto W755
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    SLC (Liberty Park area)

5. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    I will see if I can also dig something up to help you turn off your EVDO.

Interesting that you're switching between 1x and EVDO in the Liberty Park Area. The area around the park is covered by a cell site at Trolley Square and one at 9th South and 5th East on the apartment complex. East of Liberty Park in some of the residential areas I could see the signal go down a little.

1 person likes this.
  6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Oh Andy it is nice to see you on here. This is the man for SLC he knows where things are up there. How is Italy

7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Here is how to get into the secret menu #0setup*

8. Jawilars

Jawilars New Member

My Phone:
    Moto W755
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I am just east of the park. The combination of all the large trees in the area, and the brick building I'm in, aren't helping my situation.

I'll try this out Ryan. Thanks.

9. Jawilars

Jawilars New Member

My Phone:
    Moto W755
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Success. I was able to get into the test mode with the code you provided, Ryan. I then was able to follow the guide you provided to disable evdo.

Awesome. That website is also great for learning how to start reprogramming, if I later choose to do so.

10. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Great, I am very glad you could get this worked out. I would recommend writing down what you did so you can have the info for a later time. I have my EVDO turned off as well I see no need to keep it on.

11. ktook

ktook New Member

I too, have the W755 and would like to remove the EVDO, as it takes down the battery too fast. I removed it from my V3m with no problem using the web page as mentioned. But, that did not work for the W755. What is #0setup* ? How and where is it entered? I assume it is #073887* send .. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance,
    Ken

#11 ktook, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  12. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    yeah do this and go to the website i posted.

13. ktook

ktook New Member

re: "yeah do this and go to the website i posted."

RJB, I do use what I believe you are referring to: " How to disable EVDO"........etc. Very explicit and works fine with the V3M / V3C Razr. However, I cannot get to the "Test Mode" All I get when I do the #0SETUP* / send is a recorded operator from Verizon comes on, then it cuts off.

I gotta be doing something wrong. One question that perhaps maybe my problem! Is the "0" a numeric or letter character. I used the numeric character....

Thanks.

14. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    It is a zero.

15. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Maybe Jawilars can come back here and give some help to this. Right now I do not have this phone in my possetion. If I did I could take you step by step. Try to send a private message to Jawilars and see if he can help you. Sorry.

16. Jawilars

Jawilars New Member

My Phone:
    Moto W755
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    ktook,

I replied to your PM the following info:

Basically, you punch that #0setup* in fast enough to get a "enter code" screen to come up (you shouldn't need to push send). Punch in the default code 000000 and it will take you to the setup menu. From there follow the instructions on the razr website listed above.

The phone is working awesome so far. I recommend!

17. ktook

ktook New Member

Thank you Jawilars, like you said, punch in the number quickly, and quickly is the real key to solving the problem. Now I have two phones without the EVDO for which makes us happy. The battery drain is quite significant and it justified the change. Again thanks to you and RJB. :)

Ken

18. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Ken-
    I am glad that you got this taken care of I know having the EVDO off of mine seemed to help

19. wirelessholdout

wirelessholdout New Member

My Phone:
    W755
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hey guys I just got this phone and was able to turn off EVDO thanks to you! This is my first cell, but I have used the Moto Phone Tools (MPT) on other people's computers and Razrs. I had the w385 installed and working with MPT before I decided to switch to the W755 as it has the micro sd I need. Unfortunately MPT says this phone is not recognized by it. I tried with the last ver 4 update, then let it update to ver 5, but no go. I tried the manual process but didn't see it in the list. Is this phone too new for MPT. I didn't see it listed as compatible on the Moto site either. Please tell me I can hack this or manually select a similar phone to make it work. I need to sync the calendar and contacts. I believe the Verizon disables the ringtone and music syncing feature from working in MPT right?
    Thanks in advancefor all your help!!

20. wirelessholdout

wirelessholdout New Member

My Phone:
    W755
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I figured it out by reading the howardforums. (see post six in link below)
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Motorola W755 Release Thread
    You just need to use MPT 4.59f and manually select the v9mm as your phone. You will then be able to transfer, calendar, contacts, and use the file transfer tool to copy pics to the proper directory, as well as mp3s, renamed to xxxxx.qcp to the my sounds dir. The ringtones dir will not transfer anything you try to put in it. Verizon uses another dir that I'll post after I figure it out. Apparently you have to use the right version of p2k to transfer .qcp renamed .mp3s to it correctly.

21. c0d3c

c0d3c New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    ok i got multimedia studios to work.
    i got a few questions though
    how do i get ringtones to work? it doesnt accept mp3 type file and i dont know how to change the mp3 file to a qcp file type?
    and also in the file transfer studio, the folders arent named but named as random numbers. i would like to know which folder holds what type of files.