Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Moto SLVR CDMA coming to Alltel?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Shockwave13, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    I was just wondering if anyone had heard about this. I know Alltel now owns Midwest Wireless and I thought it was interesting that lastnight and earlier today MW had the Moto SLVR L7 listed on their site. I think it was listed for like 149.99 with contract. My thing is if Alltel now owns them and this would be a pretty popular phone, will Alltel get the L7? I also wonder why the phone is not on MW website anymore... maybe someone down there got a lil trigger happy and put it on before its actually set to be released.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. a42887

a42887 Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Ya know, this and the 6265i are the two phones that EVERYONE has but us, and no one has even leaked that they're being tested. Wierd.

3. Shockwave13

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    Yeah well if you want to see something even better check out US Cellular ok this is the carrier behind Alltel. They as of right now have the Nokia 6265 and the Moto L7 SLVR online and for sale. That is pretty sad when smaller carriers are beating Alltel to the punch on phones they need to have. Specially the Moto L7 since Alltel is pretty buddy buddy it seems with Moto lately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah it is sad. I work where Alltel's jets are Hangared and it was about 6 to 8 weeks ago that Motorola's jet came in and I asked about any new phones. Moto gave a hint that something was coming but would not tell me what. All they would say is that they will let Alltel tell everyone and smiled. So you got me on what that was, it could have been just a bs.

5. Shockwave13

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    Oh I think anything with Moto and Alltel that would make Alltel or the customers smile big is B.S. from Moto. They have not given Alltel anything to smile about in a long time.. sure Alltel has the RAZR's but so does everyone else, and their KRZR is still down for the count when most everyone elses is working just fine. The Q is not something to smile about, heck Sprint will release it before Alltel does, and then US Cellular will most likely come out with it either before or right as Alltel does. If you ask me someone in Alltel needs to tell Moto to deliever the goods and it needs to be something they can be proud of. Something that customers thinking of going with Alltel can say "Man looks like Verizon doesnt always get the goods first" but thats more likely to happen with Kyocera which I havent heard anything new from them for Alltel lately. Or perhaps LG or even the new comer Samsung, which is pretty sad to say, seeing as most of their new stuff should have been left over in Korea where it came from.

6. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah but not everyone is like us on here and talks cell phones all the time. Most people I talk to on the street don't care to much about there phones and don't know that they can do half the things they can do. I would say most get the free phones and that does not leave a lot of push for Alltel to get a phone that cost a lot and that they will have to almost give away to get them out of the stores. But thats my thinking on it.

7. Shockwave13

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    True most ppl are looking for the free or cheap phones and dont even care about half of what a lot of phones can do. Then again there are a lot of other customers like me who actually do care what the phones can do. As for the cheaper phone market Alltel really isnt doing that great in that area either.. I mean come on.. when MWW has you beat on your pricing for the same phones you carry, both before and after you purchased them... you really cant claim the "we are smaller so thats why we charge more" reason anymore. All I know is Alltel seems to pass up on a lot of good phones, they either get passed up.. or they just dont fight for them... doesnt seem like a good business practice to me... but then again what do I know I dont run a cell phone company :p I just use cell service. Thats why I have my Verizon phone for the media fun, and the Alltel phone for actual rate plan and minutes. Alltel has the plans... maybe someday they will have the phone.. hopefully it wont take a buyout and name change to cause that.

8. Yourcongressman

Yourcongressman New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung U490
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I know Midwest Wireless has the Nokia 6265I, and the Moto L7 SLVR as well. Had the 6265I now for about 2 months, and we just did get the SLVR about a month ago. We are not even a national carrier. That is weird!