Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

MobiTV install unsuccssful on Nokia 6682??

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Steven2420, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Steven2420

Steven2420 World Champions Baby!!!!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    I have a fantastic Nokia 6682 with Cingular as my provider. Upon trying to install MobiTV, I get a message telling me that I can't complete install because there are security issues. :mad:

Has this happened to anyone else?

Steve

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I do have MobiTV succesfully installed on my 6682, but keep in mind my 6682 is Cingular branded, I am not sure if your unbranded phone has all the required settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Steven2420

That may be the answer, however, Cingular was quick to charge the $9.99 on my bill!! I will call tech support for MobiTV when they open Monday.
    Thanks Charlyee!!

Steve

4. Steven2420

Here is the follow up. Cingular and Nokia, as well as MobiTV told me that the phone has to be Cingular branded........NO THANK YOU!! I will live without it!

Steve

5. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Steven2420, did you get your $9.99 refunded?

6. Steven2420

Not yet buddy, Cingular says that the bill has to cycle first. Soon, very soon!!
    Thanks for asking! :)

Steve

7. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Well the good news is that even though the phone is "Cingular Ready" it is truly unbranded, so you are not going to have the problems created by Cingular's software on that problem.

There is a thread on the Cingular Forum on this and maybe someone there will have a solution for you.

8. Steven2420

AMEN to that Charlyee......I never want to deal with all the BUGS and restrictions that Cingular puts on as they MODIFY.....or should I say HORRIFY....:banghead: their allotment of Nokia products. It is a crime, and I am sure that Nokia, behind the scenes, is NOT VERY HAPPY with all the bad press in the forums about their phones. I love Cingular service and Nokia phones, they should NEVER mix more then that!!

Steve

9. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    i tried it on my cingular branded 6682, but it was not that good.