Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

mobile to mobile minutes deducted on nights and weekends!!!!

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Kal525, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Kal525

Kal525 New Member

I switched to verizon about a week ago and just went on vzs uck to check how many minutes i'd used and very surprisingly it said i had used 273 minutes mobile to mobile in one week! This sounded completely wrong to me because i knew that almost all of the mobile to mobile minutes were on nights and weekends and i just figured that FREE nights and weekend would take precedence over mobile to mobile, so i called verizon to find out for myself.

The answer was that the system looks at mobile to mobile first and decucts from that regaurdless of wheather or not it's a night or weekend. So basically you have to avoid calling mobile phones in order to take advantage of free nights and weekends. What the H ell kind of deal is that!?!? They're robbing me of my mobile to mobile minutes. If they say we get FREE nights and weekends, we should get FREE nights and weekends!!! I can't believe that they deduct from mobile to mobile minutes on a night or weekend.

On top of that, the woman offered to remove the mobile to mobile minutes so that it would count as night and weekend minutes instead. I wanted to hit her in the face and ask her if i really sounded like that big of a moron.

Is anyone else out there finding this out for the first time? Or is this a well known fact? Any way around it?

2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    I switched to verizon about a week ago and just went on vzs uck

what is a vzs uck ?

Are you refering to the telephone or on line service?

If so they mention that promotions are not included in the ESTIMATE etc.

BUT! that being said, CALL CS at the 800 # or 611 on your cell.

I was told that as of MARCH 1, that all M to M would not take up N and W.

I am in the Phila. service area.

You don't say where you are so I can not speak for that area.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kal525

Kal525 New Member

i live in boston, and i called customer service and didn't even tell them where i was located and she said that M to M take priority over night and weekend. When i asked if they had any plans to change this, she said she could remove my M to M minutes if i wanted. Vz s uck is my slang for vzserve the online service.

As for not taking into account promotions, that wouldn't affect anything unless you're saying that m to m minutes being deducted are not really deducted because nights and weekends taking priority over m to m is a promotion. This is so rediculous, do you think they trying to screw me? Should i call back?

4. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    I WOULD call back and tactfully ask for a supervisor.

Regarding "screwing " , they could not if they wanted to, the PLAN is the PLAN for everyone. So try to find someone who really knows the PLAN.

There are a lot of dopes at C/S, just like the other big providers.

THEN once you get a knowledgeable person wouldn't it be a good Idea to ask them to send it to you in writing via E mail?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bukabakey

Bukabakey New Member

Its a bug in the system which tells you how many minutes you used , this wont show up on your bill just look it over carefully.

6. G3XP

G3XP Junior Member

Yea Noticed that the Mins usuage gives you totoal M2M usuage regardless of time period. However the Peak usuage is Accurate. If you make a M2M@ call during peak time, it will add up to the M2M pool rather than the peak usuage. The way i look at it, you receive about 50 Mobile to Mobile a day (20Day period) Most will not even reach that close unless you have a girlfriend. You know how that is...

In essence your final bill depending on some markets...will apply the off peak M2M as Off peak first. Summary will not show the off peak M2M , instead will just show off peak all together

SO in reality the 1000 M2M is really used up during Peak Hours only (Most Markets) I know NJ/NY market is that case

7. rickj

rickj New Member

Also, it is interesting, that if you have a family share plan, i.e. 2 or more lines on the same pool of minutes, the Primary line has 1000 m2m AND on weekends the n/w minutes take priority over the m2m, so on the weekends the primary line with 1000m2m does not even use any of those 1000 m2m minutes. On the other hand, the Secondary phone with only 250 m2m minutes (at least here in the far northeast), uses up the m2m minutes on the weekends, meaning the m2m is taking priority over the n/w for the secondary lines. SO.. the secondary with only 250 m2m eats up their m2m minutes at a faster rate than the primary line can use up their 1000 overall, and they have less minutes to begin with. Seems like it should be free on weekends regardless which line, but it is only for the primary. So personally we end up using the primary line on weekends to call other Verizon phones when we think of it or we're worried about going over on minutes. Kind of a dumb quirk in their system that would require doing this, but Verizon is still the best bet for me all-around so it's no big deal, just a little screwy.

8. spridle

spridle Junior Member

Verizon recently changed their policy as far as how the m2m minutes are to be deducted. In the past m2m minutes were to be used first. As of March 1st it was changed to n/w first, m2m second, and peak time last. I'll be able to tell for sure on Monday whether or not minutes are being reported properly via #646.

9. Kal525

Kal525 New Member

ok, after calling verizon 3 times i finally found someone who knew what they were talking about. Moible to Mobile is in fact confirmed to be counted no matter when the call is made, this is a quirk with their system that they are trying to fix, however, i will not be billed except for mobile to mobile used during peak hours. It's pretty rediculous that it was this hard to figure out their policy, but at least i know now. I just feel bad for those people using family share plans who get their m to m deducted before nights, that's the most pointless thing i've ever heard.

The man i spoke with also said that i could get an idea of how many minutes i've actually used by adding up peak and n&w but i really didn't know what he was talking about. Is there any way to figure out how many minutes you've actually used and what they count for using their online service?

Thanks for the help guys.

10. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    my mobile to mobile minutes are not used on the weekends or nights. from the begining of my bill cycle last month i monitored my use. all my mobile to mobile use on N&W's were applied to my n&w minutes not my M2M minutes.

11. Kenster

Kenster Senior Member

Please note that this is all dependent on what market you are in. Some markets have recently changed to reflect the new policy. I can't say for sure but I believe there is a strong correlation between the new billing system upgrades and support for the new m2m policy.

The Chicago region has not changed and frankly we are still waiting for the new billing conversion to happen.

12. stoutman

stoutman New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT&Verizon
    My mom ran into a different issue, but maybe somebody can tell me the answer. Is Verizon's night and weekend minutes promo only for use in home territory?

13. RIMissy

RIMissy New Member

I am also not sure just what is going on, but I can say one thing------I have a brochure here that actually describes when the M to M minutes are deducted for the Family Promotional Share Plan Nationwide--I have 3 lines in Rhode Island that we just got 1 1/2 wks. ago. my salesman and I have been over this and CS and I have gone over this and I keep getting 2 different answers.
    But, then tonight, I found the brochure that Verizon sent to me with our phones and the agreement that I agreed to when I broke the seal on the phones. For this reason, I am expecting to hold Verizon to their printed word. Here is what it says (as it pertains to my plan with the 3 phones):
    The primary phone has 1,000 Mobile to Mobile mins. During the free Night and Weekend times, if my primary line calls any other Verizon customer, the minutes the primary phone uses doing that are deducted from the free Nights & Weekends. Mobile to Mobile calls made by my Primary line during the 700 Peak mins. that my plan has to share with all 3 phones are "coded" as M to M during Peak Mins. time only.
    My 2nd and 3rd line have 250 M to M mins. each. When either of those lines make a call to another Verizon line during the free Night and Weekend mins. time, the M to M mins. of that call IS deducted from the Mobile to Mobile mins. (in this case total of 250). After the 250 mins. is used up, then the mins. come off of the 700 "anytime" mins.
    I have every intention of holding Verizon to their PRINTED word or else cancelling all 3 lines before the 15 day period is done (Wed. or Thurs.). So if anyone knows more than this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW !! And I sincerely thank you in advance.

14. faceboy

faceboy New Member

I don't think that should have been considered as weekend minutes, if thats the case what's the point of having m 2 m minutes if ya only get to use ur phone on nights and weekends

15. rickj

rickj New Member

This is how it works on my family share plan. The secondary lines, on nights and weekend, take from their 250 m2m minute pools when calling other verizon phones, and when those are run dry, then the nights/weekends are usable and peak minutes are of course usable. The one Primary phone on the plan does not take away from his/her 1000m2m minute pool on nights/weekend when calling verizon phones. So therefore, the way it works for primary vs. secondary lines is in fact different. I've confirmed it on my bills and #646 with the detailed minute counting. And where I am they have the new billing system I am told. As for n/w only for home area use, I am not sure on that one but I am pretty sure that m2m minutes only can be used where caller id is available. Verizon actually has a m2m area map somewhere on the website or in a brochure, I've seen it somewhere. It isn't the entire America's choice home area by any means. I'm not sure if that is the case with n/w minutes. I've been wondering if n/w minutes work in an analog extended network area, for instance. I don't know.

16. AeonnFluux

AeonnFluux New Member

I am in St. Louis and recently called to check the status of m2m being used on N/Ws and the tech told me that in fact the mobile to mobile is used before N/Ws... i am very envious of those in other markets where Verizon has fixed this. I fly through my m2m minutes very quickly... because i use them on the weekends and nights. This really doesn't make sense to me at all, and i think Verizon needs to check this out in ALL markets

17. mreg

mreg Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox CDM-9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Same here in NYC.

18. mreg

mreg Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox CDM-9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    For the America's Choice plan, they can be used anywhere on the America's Choice network.

19. EasyE

EasyE Junior Member

I can confirm for all of you:

N/W minutes are NOT taken first during Night/Weekend/Off-Peak hours.
    I'm on the AC700 plan, with 1000 MTM and unlimited N/W minutes.

My bill always reflects 100% of MTM minutes as PEAK, and ZERO as off-peak.

Yes, if you call #646 or log on to view current usage, you will not see exactly how your MTM usage is a part of peak or not. However, DO look at your bill.

Does anyone out there have a bill dated 3/1/03 or later that shows any MTM usage on an AC plan in any column other than peak? If so, I would like to see a fax of that page.

Prior to 3/1/03, which minutes were used first did vary from market to market. I am lucky enough in the CT market to always have had MTM never depleted during N/W hours. But now we all can enjoy that.

Comments

20. CaptKanga

CaptKanga New Member

Ok. Just to clarify - If you are in New York City with a family share plan, are the calls made from the second phone to the primary on weekeneds, counted under the unlimited bucket or do they come out of the 250 mobile-to-mobile minutes?

I must admit that I never checked this closely but I assumed that Nights and weekends were "unlimited" ie any calls from either phone to whomever, came out of this bucket.

21. RIMissy

RIMissy New Member

The calls during that time would count as free calls for the primary line but be deducted from the 250 M to M mins. of the secondary line or lines.
    I am in the New England area which I believe is called "Boston Market" with most of the carriers around here. But I do believe that New York is handled in the same way with Verizon's policies. I would call a local store and ask for a manager though just in case it is different in your area.

22. rickj

rickj New Member

RIMissy is right. When calling Verizon mobiles, Secondary lines subtract from the M2M minutes on weekends, and Primary line deducts from N/W minutes on weekends. I've confirmed this well after March 1. It makes it easy for the secondaries to use up those 250 m2m's if they're not careful, where the primary has more m2m's (1000) and doesn't even use them on weekends. Ahh well.