Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Mobile Phones vs. Drinking & Driving

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Malial, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
  2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Well that settles it!!!!!!!!!!! I will start drinking and driving instead of using my cell phone....................It is much safer that way[​IMG]

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I personally don't buy it myself. There is no way that talking on a wireless phone is more dangerous then driving drunk. Pleeeease

4. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I agree TNDan21.

While driving while talking can be very distracting (more so for some people) I just can't believe that it's worse than drinking and driving.

It's interesting that they make this very bold statement, but don't really back it up too much and explain their research? Who sponsored the research? How much did they drink? 1 beer? 2 beers? 8 beers and six shots of tequila?

I would like to see their research.

5. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

I am responding to this email while driving down the road with my Kyocera Smartphone..... I and a have had 18 beers.....5 jello shots...........and a diet coke.........watching my health ya know[​IMG] From the way i see things.............and i am seeing about 4 of everything............drinking and driving while using your cell phone responding to email on the internet while having a call waiting on the other line is more dangerous than either of the topics.[​IMG]

All kidding aside..........both are kinda equel. Examples:

Cell: Looking at keypad to dail a #. (wrecked my sisters car doing that back in high school[​IMG])
    Drink: Looking at bottle to see how much is left.

Cell: Turning your head sideways to hold the phone while driving so both hands are on the wheel.
    Drink: Tilting your head back to get that last little sip in.no wasting the good stuff.

Cell: Looking down for the phone when it rings and falls onto the floor out of the seat.
    Drink: Looking for the beer that slipped out your hand while trying to light a cig.

Cell: Acting like "Test Man" can you hear me now???? while driveing.
    Drink: Trying to run off "Test Man" screaming "NO!!!!!!!!! I CANT HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL............this thread has become a place for my horrible jokes..........sorry. But if you have anymore jokes to add....keep em coming.!![​IMG]

6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    LOL! Nice Wayne

7. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

Well I can agree with this but, only in countries were the drivers a mandate to proceed on the right side of the road is why this happens. And you see why this is go to www.discover.com/driving here is a documentary on why this is. According to the site and what i watched is that the majority of the world is Right handend so predominatly you will always do things w/ your right hand. So to the point when someone is forced to use the left hand makes them more unaware and more vunerable to consintrate on other things as opposed to driving. And when you think about it you can function more when your judgement is clouded by acohol as a oppose to being sober.

****** NOTE THIS DOES NOT MEAN START TO DRINK AND TALK ON YOUR PHONE AND DRIVING ****

copyright tm. Apoc is not responsbile for anything that may come this post, rights are protected under the Federal Govrnment and the Cabinet that journeys them. =)

8. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

9. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

If you try to drink you cell phone and talk to your beer...............you might be a Redneck

If you use your phone for a .........good lord...........I got to stop with this crappy joke telling!!!!![​IMG]