Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Mobile Hotspot

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by KevinJames, Oct 25, 2012.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi All: My new job has me being very mobile. My business partner & I usually travel together, each w/our ATT phones and wifi enabled laptops.

Checking the coverage for Verizon, they have wider coverage than ATT for LTE at this point. I'm thinking of taking advantage of their 890L Mobile Hotspot (wireless router, hub, whatever). On the web it is $20 w/ a 2-yr contract. What I can't get a clear (truthful) answer from Verizon is the following:

Monthly data allowance (?? Tiered ??) ______ Monthly base data cost (subscriber)

Overage data costs: $ _____ per ____ megabyte

Am I charged for each device I connect to it such as laptop, wi-fi only tablets or mobile phones that are on another carrier?

Roaming charges for off-network use? Cost: $ __________

When in area that doesn’t have LTE coverage, does this drop to 3G, 2G?

I am assuming a monthly billing cycle, is that true?

What other one-time or recurring charges?

If any of you can help me make heads or tails of this, I'd appreciate it. The "chat" consultant kept changing her mind and trying to marketing phrases as if they answered my question, (e.g. "We are always striving to bring the best service to our customers.") What a crock!

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Looks like it's subject to the same mobile share plans as the normal phone service. You can choose from 4GB/$30 to 20GB/$110, which is added to the $20/month access fee. Overages seem to be a flat $15/GB on all plans.
    With a hotspot you're only charged for the hotspot.
    They don't mention domestic roaming. It will drop down to 3G/2G as needed.
    Monthly billing cycle, yes. One-time activation charge of $35 and the device price of $20. Both that and monthly fee are subject to taxes.

Hope this helps.

3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Domestic data roaming is at no charge... (I. E. Usage from your bucket). Roaming Speeds will vary depending on the network and 4G won't be available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX via Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    thanks all.