Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

mms problems on unlocked razr i have got suncom HELP!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Wireless Companies' started by troubled kid, Jul 24, 2007.

1. troubled kid

troubled kid New Member

i got a blk razr a couple of days ago new from ebay unlocked and now that is have put my sim in every thing works but my mms and i need some way to make it able to send and recieve picture messages i have called suncom and they tried sending me some update thing and i had an error message PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!
    please

2. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Hi troubled kid,

It sounds to me like Suncom was attempting to send you OTA device configuration settings that would allow your unlocked RAZR to work on their network.

The only thing that I could find on Suncom's website about handset device support was this: SunCom | FAQs - Equipment

I would call Sumcom's customer support back and explain to them that the settings that were sent to your handset didn't work.....Someone from their Tech support dept. may just have to walk you through the manual process of reconfiguring your RAZR.

Good luck, and don't panic. All unlocked phones are capable of being reconfigured. Sometimes it's a matter of finding the right person who will be able to walk you through it.

3. troubled kid

troubled kid New Member

hello people i took moblie princess's advice and i must have typed something wrong but i did finally find a link that sent me a OTA device configuration settings that work all i had to do was keep pressing the "select" button, i am testing their configuration now and i will tell you if it works.

here is the link that helped me Suncom Wireless Configurator

hope this helps people like me who were freaking out!:D

4. troubled kid

troubled kid New Member

i am sad to say that it didn't work for me i need someone to give me the inotes manual setup for suncom please:confused:

5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Here are the settings that generally work for Suncom:

Server Name: Suncom MMS
    Gateway: 66.150.033.115
    Port number: 9201
    Server Address: http://mms.suncom.net:8088/mms

Hope it helps some. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Hi troubled kid, did the settings that Charlyee listed help, or are you still having problems with them?

7. heatro

heatro New Member

I am having the same problem. Tech support said it was my SIM card but that doesn't sound relevant to me. They aren't willing to help because its not a SunCom phone. I have tried these suggestions as well as others to no avail. Anybody out there work for SunCom that is willing to help???

8. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    One last suggestion:

Use Gateway: 66.150.33.115 NOT 66.150.033.115 (ie, without the leading zero)

Please post the result. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. heatro

heatro New Member

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunatley still no luck. I am just going to go into the SunCom store and hopefully someone there will be helpful.

10. troubled kid

troubled kid New Member

i finally got it to work i used a combination of KEYGUY'S help and playing around with it for 1 week i finally figured out what was wrong they had me put the service type as HTTP when it should be WAP. thank you guys for all of your help.:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

11. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hi there, I am glad it finally worked for you. :)

I have a request, how about posting the full settings here, so others can find it in the future.

Thanks Much. :)