Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NORTHEAST U.S. -- Might be taking existing VZW Phone elsewhere

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by mmmmna, Nov 3, 2013.

1. mmmmna

mmmmna Junior Member

My Phone:
    Droid X2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I am looking for a low cost path for:
    a] retaining cellphone services;
    b] not purchasing a new phone (therefore I'm wanting to unlock my DroidX2 from VZW, if possible);
    c] equaling or improving my data limits. I'm presently on a Family plan.

I am about to renew in a few weeks, I am presently on VZW service with a DroidX2.
    I am wondering about plan performances. With my current situation, which might not continue much longer, I have wireless access at home. I may have to terminate that service. In that instance, I would need to use my cellphone for an amount of internet data. I estimate about 1 to almost 2 Gigs per month will be a running average over the course of a year or less, and I use Linux which means I might upgrade my OS at a penalty of 900megs of data for a successful download. That means there might be months where I add up to another 1.8 Gigs to that running average. That said, I might hit nearly 4 Gigs in a month, possibly as soon as month 2 or 3 after the switch.

I hear there are some bargains for p.a.y.g., and I'd prefer prepaid for the convenience (yes, I know there is a price for the prepaid convenience, so maybe no prepaid).

Net10 seems very versatile, but I'm still very early in my research.

Anyone have any related experiences with NET10 to share?

TIA.

2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG, ZTE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    America Movil/Straight Talk
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG, ZTE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    America Movil/Straight Talk
    Too late to edit the post, but NONE of the TracFone services would work, they would shut you off rather quickly based on the data. But still check out Cellguru's web site.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    A possibility for your existing Droid X2 phone is trying out Page Plus. If I'm not mistaken, they can use your existing phone. They have an 5GB plan for $70

Also Verizon prepaid accepts 3G only phones (like the X2) and you get 4GB for the same $70 or 2GB for $60

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.