Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

metropcs customer support is horrible

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by jamesbeezie, Oct 17, 2010.

1. jamesbeezie

jamesbeezie New Member

I say get rid of metro pcs period.

After 2years of having a real crippled down cell phone/online experience…and no way of being able to fully back up my phone in any way or form, minus just the contacts…it was time for me to go.

Try calling their support number for anything and its like a long maze process so you spend more time in an automated experience rather than talking to a live person. Metro pcs needs to just fork out the bill and invest in their customers. Their support is horrible.

Overall it horrible and to be honest with you, I would rather spend a nice amount more to cater to a company like Verizon because I feel like this, Why should people feel like their integrity as customers and their respect is compromised based on having a cheap phone service? So in essence, Metropcs’ attitude is “well, just be happy with what you get…because your poor or you can’t afford a good quality phone service so this is what you get”. That’s their attitude.

As a person who was against the cost of high cell phone services and a person who is a hi-tech person, i really prevented myself from even getting a cell phone for years, then i tried out MetroPCS.

All along i always felt that i was being provided a trickled down service but never said anything because actually i never really knew what i was missing.

But now I am with Verizon and i have the Droid X and yeah my bill is twice the amount…but i can tell you this….my service is amazing and the things that i can do with my cell phone allows me to be more productive, find real jobs, present myself with quality and the feeling that I’m not a second class consumer.

As for the Samsung Messenger, yes I had the phone. But after switching to the Droid X, their is no competition and yeah…..its an OK phone, but it is still a crippled down phone that would seem like an iPhone to any customer who is on metroPCS, lol, that’s the funny thing about it.

The music features on the Messenger pretty much suck and you cannot transfer your itunes playlist to it, furthermore you might as well rule out the whole idea of a playlist PERIOD while were on the music topic because it’s not happening. Not only that, but many of your songs you will notice "wont" even play on it! That's a fact!

After being on both sides on the cell phone experience, I can honestly say that it’s well worth just working a bit harder and having the money to get a good quality cell phone. After this experience I have learned that having a quality cellphone is like a person having a laptop, and an person having MetroPCS is like a person who has not stepped into the computer laptop world in the 20th century.

Sooooooo out dated.

And that’s just my 2¢ on MetroPCS

....im just saying..."

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Yeah, that's what I've heard about MetroPCS for the most part. They have to cut costs somewhere, I guess. The network they are building out doesn't come cheap.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Most metroPCS users I know are those who like it and/or have financial issues; they prefer the simplicity of no contracts and lower monthly costs. For instance, my aunt has been with them for almost 10 years, off and on. She hasn't had many problems with the network. IMO, the phones suck, but most folks on Metro can care less about the phones... it's almost like trial and error. My aunt has had good luck with the Kyocera phones, while my brother runs away from ZTE. The users who want fancier phones (but don't have a lot of $) gravitate towards T-Mobile or Sprint. They know not to call customer service... visiting a store is often a hit or miss as well.

If you have to pay for the services, you might as well be pleased :) I would LOVE to be a Sprint or T-Mobile user, but they don't work as well as Verizon or AT&T at home or in the area surronding me. And I have a top of the line phone to go with it :cool:

Since I am in a smaller city surrounded by rural farms, MetroPCS and Cricket aren't options for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HandyWireless

HandyWireless New Member

I am in the process of purchasing a MetroPCS store and I have been doing a lot of research on the company. There customer service marks are very low on a recent study. I am supposed to have a meeting with one of their corporate account managers soon and I plan to ask them if they will eventually address this issue. I know a lot of people a few years back that left Sprint for similar reasons and now they are playing catch-up.

I think as a store owner, it makes really good business sense to help customers solve their problems. It's promotes customer loyalty. I am going to work with a technician friend of mine that fixes phones so that we can solve problems at the store level. I have noticed varying degrees of customer service from MetroPCS store to store.

Historically, their phones were pretty basic, but now MetroPCS carries the very decent LG Optimus and a Blackberry (if that's your thing) and will soon carry a Samsung Galaxy S to go with their new 4G service. I have this phone and there really isn't much better then a Galaxy S.

The slow internet is due to MetroPCS using 2G internet, but as they upgrade to 4G that will become a problem of the past.

I think your defection could have been prevented had someone been there to help you personally. The major carriers have already figured this out which is why there seems to be a store at every corner of town these days.

I just hope that I can somehow influence corporate on their customer service and tech support at a corporate level since those interactions will determine part of my success or failure. I really think with the upgrades they are doing now, they have a chance to compete for those middle class type customers, but not with out good customer support.

5. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG, ZTE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    America Movil/Straight Talk
    HandyWireless: If you did purchase your own metroPCS store, I hope it's become successful. :)

I have been with metroPCS for a few weeks now, since leaving T-Mobile after six years, because of the AT&T deal. As there were a couple of things I needed clarification about (including number porting), I spoke to their customer service and on both occasions, the representatives answered all my questions and were very professional.

6. nutech1

nutech1 New Member

I have been a metroPCS customer for more than 3 years and I have never had a problem with the customer service. Remember it is just like the commercials. the CS is out sourced to india. As for the service, IT IS NOT A 3G NETWORK! it is on the older "2.5g" network (if I may call it that.- it does explain things in laymans terms.) anything other than calling and texting is going to be a little slow. That's the trade off for the lower cost. If you want speedier service pay a little extra and get a 4g phone.it's still available for $50 a month (1 gb limit) and is a whole lot faster.

Let's be real here... unless a companys customer service center kisses our collective butts it gets low marks. That's just how we are when we deal with CS, we have really high standards but wait times can't be helped (especially if you don't know the work arounds to get to a rep faster) and we have to remember that they ultimately have to follow the rules they are given and can only help us within those parameters. - ask for a superior if you don't get the results you want. If you know how to use their system then you can get the upper hand... a bit.

My issue with them is the way they charge current customers full price for phones but new customers get a discount... no thanks for remaining a customer. :-(

7. EdwardP

My Phone:
    LG, ZTE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The LG MN180 (aka Select) that I have, I bought for $29.99 when it was on sale last year. At the time, I was already a metroPCS customer and back then, the price was the same as posted on the web site.

I am not aware of any discounts (other than any phone rebates) on their phone offerings.

8. nutech1

nutech1 New Member

they normally only offer the rebates to new customers. long time users get to pay full price. I have asked local reps about this and they have no explanation.

9. mrmaserati

mrmaserati New Member

For over a week I argued, begged & pleaded at every level, 6 store reps, 6 online reps. In my opinion all of them incompetent and many rude. Autopay account deleted and recreate at least 4 times. Everyone keeps saying the same thing just go in and update to account info. The account was even verified by a Corporate Center supervisor. Phone service has been shut off twice. Even after the store manager at the corporate Center assured me that it ad been restored.

Then I found the emails for coroprate HQ. Two emails to three execs and the problem was fixed in hours.You do the math. Corporate email, fax number, phone number and my complaint letter is at MetroPCS sucks - Customer Service Nightmare

Pass the link along

10. EdwardP

My Phone:
    LG, ZTE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I'm glad you were finally able to get your problem resolved, although it shouldn't have gone that far up the chain.

When you were in Cambridge, did you go to a metroPCS Authorized Dealer, or an actual corporate-owned location?