Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

MetroPCS BYOD & HTC One Network

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by R32VW, Sep 11, 2015.

1. R32VW

R32VW Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Captivate
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I'm currently with Virgin Mobile ($35 plan) and have the HTC EVO V 4G (model PG86100). I want to upgrade my phone to either the HTC One M8 or M9 and switch to MetroPCS' $30 plan. I know that Metro is dropping CDMA soon. I have been browsing Craigslist Seattle and was wondering if a Sprint-branded One M8 or M9 would work on Metro's GSM network? I am hoping to keep the phone price under $300.

I will only be using the phone in the U.S., Seattle-area. I was also wondering what the significant differences are between the M8 and M9? PhoneArena has a nice comparison here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    No, Sprint uses CDMA so a phone on their network cannot/will not work on GSM.

3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    The real detail is whether the GSM radios are compatible/unlocked for domestic use. The OP will have to contact Sprint to unlock the device. Per Sprint's website, the One M9 is able to be unlocked for domestic use, but the M8 is not.

http://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html#!/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...