Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Metro PCS

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by Cingular GSM User, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Cingular GSM User

Metro PCS has liscenses in the following areas:

Atlanta, GA
    Athens, GA

Daytona Beach, FL
    Miami, FL
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Port Charlotte, FL
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Naples, FL
    The Florida Keys

San Francisco, CA
    Greater Sacromento, FL

Chicago, IL

Detroit, MI

Dallas, TX

Don't you see why they bought Detroit, MI from Cingular. Because they want to make a network in the MI, WI, IL area. They already have Chicago, IL so they now can expand and conquere.

Now, the Dallas, TX purchase was great, because they now have spectrum in their hometown. They could expand and buy up some liscenses in Oklahoma that would be nice to allow them to have a southwestern market.

They already have a good Southeast Market serving Atlanta, GA/ Athens, GA/ Daytona Beach, FL/ Miami, FL/ Ft. Lauderdale, FL/ West Palm Beach, FL/ Port Charlotte, FL/ Ft. Myers, FL/ Naples, FL/ The Florida Keys. They could use Cellular South though for FL Panhandle, AL Coastal, Memphis TN and MISSIPPI coverage.

Then just invest in NTelos for the sake of expanding the network

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They should sell their spectrum/liscenses/customer base in Greater Sacremento and San Fran. California to the highest bidder. (I mean it is so isolated from all their other spectrum)

Then buy liscenses/spectrum or the whole company of Cellular South which serves areas throughout Mississippi/ Mobile, AL/ Memphis, TN/ Destin, FL

and they should also invest in NTelos serving Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina.

They would then have liscenses/spectrum/customers in: Dallas, TX/ Miami, FL/ The Florida Keys/ Ft. Myers, FL/ Tampa-St.Pete, FL/ Daytona Beach, FL/ Destin, FL/ Mobile, AL/ throughout MS/ Memphis, TN/ throughout VA and WV/ Detroit, MI/ Chicago, IL

This would make them big in the southeast. Then they could build our their network in Texas and reach Oklahoma. And build out their Detroit, Michigan service area. As well as their Chicago, IL area into Wisconsin.

Then they could allow customers to roam to and from any Metro PCS area and just talk unlimited as they do in their home service areas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEY CAN NOW COMPETE AGAINST US CELLULAR, ALLTEL AND CRICKET! WHO KNEW THEY WERE DOING SO WELL... THEY ARE BUYING UP SPECTRUM AT A RAPID RATE FOR SUCH A SMALL CARRIER. GOOD FOR THEM!

BY THE WAY HOW IS CRICKET DOING?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DadeGurl305

DadeGurl305 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v266
    Wireless Provider(s):
    MetroPcs
    I have a motorola v266 and my service carrier is metro pcs and I bought a usb cord and the company that i brought it form didnt send me a program to download it. Anyone who knows what the best program to use for ringtones and to activate my usb cord.

3. SCTelephoneMan

SCTelephoneMan Junior Member

Just fine. They're expanding as well.

4. wheresmyfreakinpresent

:rolleyes: Im in TX and they're opening stores here all over the place! Good plans according to their own website, but the true test is their customer service. That and their coverage. I can't imagine they're all that good.....yet. Maybe they'll give everyone a run for their money!

5. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    All plans are market only with unlimited airtime on the network. Roaming airtime is starting to happen.
    Customer service when you dail *611 is bad. Almost impossible to get to a live operator. There customer service is mostly automated :mad:

6. iceco38

iceco38 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V266
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Metro PCS
    Yes their *611 customer service is automated, but all you have to do is say "I need somthing else" when prompted to say what you need; you will be transferred to a person immediately.

7. bambam

bambam Junior Member

About 2 years ago ,I tried out MetroPCS service in Atlanta . Coverage within their coverage amp had holes and signal was weak in many places . I found their service not worth using . Have they filled things in significantly since ?

8. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My cousin *had* MetroPCS (who also holds a license in Gainesville, GA I believe) he didn't mind the coverage in atlanta (he lives in Fayetteville, attended Clayton State, and works for Marta at various stations.) He wound up going to verizon for a variety of personal reasons but because the lack of coverage outside of the area (he started traveling more.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 680
    Wireless Provider(s):
    lots of orange, a little Little Rock blue
    For some bizarre reason Metro only serves half of Fayette County -- Fayetteville has coverage, but they refuse to build out in Peachtree City. :loony: (I guess PTC's demographics are too upscale for them...but if that's the case, why does Metro have coverage in Dunwoody or up around CCS? ;) )

-SC

10. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 680
    Wireless Provider(s):
    lots of orange, a little Little Rock blue
    Somewhat, but their network still isn't all that great.

-SC

11. speaking of cricket, I wish that they could expand to where I live as part of their Knoxville network. I believe they have coverage up the I-75 and it wouldn't be that far from Oneida and Lafollette and all those places.

12. hillbilly44

hillbilly44 Senior Member

Sorry Darryl, but Cricket's coverage stops at Clinton.:cool:

13. hank424

hank424 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung R720 Admire
    Wireless Provider(s):
    MetroPCS,att mobility
    Metropcs now has coverage in Peachtree city for about a months now in 2007. Coverage is a little better compared to 2003.

14. bambam

bambam Junior Member

I tried MetroPCS in Altanta GA again a couple of weeks ago and the signal was better in some places but still just too weak where I needed it . I may give Boost Unlimited a try next as the Sprint CDMA signal is marginally better in those specific areas . I looks like that I won't completely give up Verizon anytime soon..

15. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Someone just posted a good review about Sprint in Atlanta in the Sprint forum over on Hofo. The synergy sites have really made a difference.

16. guy2

guy2 Senior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    According to Crickets coverage map their coverage goes past clinton.I know that they are slowly expanding little by little.

17. bambam

bambam Junior Member

I recently purchased Boost Unlimited Motorola W385 . The coverage is better for me than MetroPCS .

Boost Unlimited service costs a lttle more and it doesn't appear that I get some of the options that MetroPCS has that I would Iike to have ( call forwarding , automatic call forwarding if out of range if is phone off -see MetroPCS | Customer Support | Call Forwarding - , and no free 411 ). Apparently Boost is charging $.15 for Yahoo messages .

I still need something like Verizon ( maybe Pageplus or Tracfone for occasional affordable roaming not on the Sprint Network).

#17 bambam, Dec 10, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  18. joshuacalebm

joshuacalebm New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    MetroPCS
    I had the same problem on the same kind of motorola from MetroPCS here in Miami. I even bought a usb cable from ebay that supposedly let you upload ringtones, etc. but it didn't work.

Finally I used the bluetooth connection to transfer the ringtone from my comp. to the phone (that is, after I made the song I wanted into a ringtone size with a ringtone maker on my computer)

I can help you out w this, send me a message. my space dot com, forwardslash joshuamayorga

19. shango

shango Junior Member

My Phone:
    M800, v266, w315
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Ghetto PCS

I love what they did with the network in LA. Beverly Hills-no service area, the beach citys, no service area.
    All their advertising/coverage is in the economically challenged areas.
    Boost unlimited really hit hard with boost unlimited though. and boost roams on sprint and sprint covers everything.
    I should talk, I live in the hood....but I do venture out from time to time..

20. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The reason that you can't upload ringtones to the Motorola with just a usb cable is because generally your pc wont come with drivers to let your pc recognize the phone. You can actually get the motorola drivers for free from Motorola's Developers section (you'll have to register;) however, there is still another problem, you will need an application that can talk to phone once the drivers are in place. Motorola sells an application for that purpose called Motorola Phone Tools, there are a few alternative solutions as well though. If you search the boards you'll most likely come up with several, good luck to you.