Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Metro PCS warning

Discussion in 'All Other Wireless Companies' started by ChrisHarvard, May 30, 2011.

1. ChrisHarvard

ChrisHarvard New Member

My Phone:
    3 Nokia 6800
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    i tried to get Metro PCS to add my verizon iphone4 to their network. they said it could not be done.

they later admitted it can be done, but only in california. Several stores told me this same thing. I asked them why, and they said only in california is it possible to add a jailbroken iphone4 to the system.

i couldn't find any metro PCS store in nevada that could add it. I tried telling them they could try manually adding the ESN and it should work fine, but they said the system would not take it.

several stores also stated that they recieve customers on a weekly basis that bring their iphone 4s in saying their phones are not working in nevada.

The metro pcs agents confirmed jailbroken iphones will not work outside the state of california, so they often sell cheap models to the customers that they can use on their vacation in vegas until they return to CA and their phones will 'work again", as long as they don't leave california.

if you have a jailbroken iphone4 look for cricket in your area-- dont waste your time with Metro PCS.

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    There is an actual reason that a Verizon iPhone will not work in certain areas with MetroPCS. The Verizon model runs on the 850 and 1900 mhz CDMA bands. In certain regions, MetroPCS runs on 1700, a network that is incompatible with the iPhone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Thanks for that information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...