Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Metro pcs problems

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by zaccie, Dec 13, 2006.

1. zaccie

zaccie New Member

OK I changed to metro pcs nearly a month ago. I ported my cell# over from sprint. The pricing was attractive to me, $45 all you can eat with no contracts. However they have problems. Read on particularly if you are porting your old number over as these problems do not seem to happen if you get a new number form them.

The 2 main problems are not being able to call certain numbers. The system seems to want to treat certain U.S. numbers as international and asks for extra money to be put onto your account before they will allow you to call them.

Second if you port your number then want to try to text message anyone on a network OTHER than metro pcs you cant, your message never gets though, likewise for receiving any from a cell phone on another network.

Now a cheap phone plan usually comes with some limitations and with Metro PCS their limitation is in their customer service. Most of the time you cant even get a live person rather a recording telling you to try back later and to use their website.

If you do manage to get a human their knowledge and ability to help is often that of a 5 year old. All they seem to be able to do is “send a rest to your phone “ this seems to be their answer to anything from a billing question to a technical issue. If you tell them they have already done this before they then “issue a trouble ticket” Now these are magical touble tickets, as every one they have issued on my account mysteriously disappears without trace within 24 hours they issue a ticket and say it will be 72 hours to resolve the issue, when you call back after 72 hours they seem to have no record of a trouble ticket ever having been issued. This has happened 4 times so far and 3 times and 5 times respectively to my friends accounts so it isn’t just me. Also they often tell you things like “Oh its all the other cell companies stopping metro cbl customers from texting their customers”, well if that was the case why can it work from a new metro # ?

So after a month I still cant text anyone but people on the pcs network and certain numbers I just cant call unless I want to pay international rates for a local call.

So Metro pcs. Cheap but you get what you pay for.

2. Sina

Sina New Member

what area do you live in?

3. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    The main reason Metro PCS is able to offer the service they do at the price they do it with the automation of their customer service department. It's a shame, but if you can deal with it, the price of the service is great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dave dman

dave dman New Member

Hi, I am looking for software to mod my Razr v3m from metro pcs. I am trying to load games and need a mod program. I am using a USB cable, not bluetooth. Thanks !!!!

5. Sina

Sina New Member

Just Curious. What area do you live in that services metro pcs?

6. dave dman

dave dman New Member

I live in Ft Lauderdale, Florida

7. Sina

Sina New Member

I was wondering because metro is coming out here to the La area this year. Im familiar with them because Im from Sacramento (northern cali!). I was considering the business opportuniy. How long have they been in florida and are you satisfied?

8. stevenwebb

stevenwebb New Member

Hey man I have all the software and instructions here. For $4 I'll send it all in an email to you. The package also includes many games and wallpapers for your phone. email me @ stevenbwebb@gmail.com and i'll send you all the info