Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

merge Sprint and Nextel forums..

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by SmArTeStChIlD421, Jan 1, 2007.

1. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I think its about time to merge the Sprint and Nextel forums.........not many people use this forum anymore..........there hasnt been a new topic in about a week at least........the Nextel threads def wouldnt clutter the Sprint forum.........who else agrees with me???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    One on side I agree. On the other I believe that Nextel should be kept separate since it's a separate brand but have it as a subforum underneath Sprint. Then the next problem comes up, will it be used as much one hidden under Sprint.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i think that putting it as a subforum would be a good idea but like i said........this forum doesnt get much traffic......so i think that the subforum is a good idea

the worry of whether or not it will be noticed shouldnt be a problem.......the RAZR subforum gets a crapload of traffic

4. dalbrich

dalbrich Junior Member

I think more to the point, Sprint needs to get the two services to be transparent to the user. I mean they don't even have the same coverage footprint, and there are more differences that similarities.

If the only difference between Sprint and Nextel offerings was say push to talk that would be great. The reality is that they continue to be run as separate companies with very little in common.

-Dan

5. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    point taken

6. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    That's because they are two different services with two different key demographics. They aren't aimed at the same customer so having the same exact footprint is not an immediate goal. Making sure that each service covers it's subscribed users needs is number one.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sprint pretty much being personal

Nextel is pretty much business

except for the big companies that use Sprint's data services

8. dalbrich

dalbrich Junior Member

Priority one has always been to create one transparent set of services. The fact that this wasn't even an initial goal (and perhaps still not a goal) tells me a lot about their current leadership.

Anyway, I sincerely wish Sprint well. I'm not confident they'll get it in time to survive.

-Dan