Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Meeting with an "AT&T empowerment expert"

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by Kalimotxo, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Did anyone else receive this e-mail?

It's definitely legitimate, but I'm wondering why I was selected to receive it. I suspect it's a way to get me into the store so they can talk to me about using more data over Wi-Fi. I consistently use just under 2GB a month so I'm thinking I've been flagged as a "power user". HA. I could be completely wrong tho. Stopping by the AT&T store tonight to see what this is all about and get my 1,000 RO mins.

-------
    Do you know how much your phone can do for you? Stop by your local company owned AT&T store and let our experts show you how to get the most from your device.
    Learn about tips, tricks and features like:

• getting up to speed on the mobile broadband network**
    • making the most out of Wi-Fi
    • maximizing your battery
    • and much more!

So print this email and bring it to your local company owned AT&T store to redeem offer.

Rollover Bonus Minutes offer valid for mobile number ending in XXXX

*Offer expires 2/28/11. Offer only available for customers on Rollover capable rate plans. Must present a printed copy of the e-mail coupon to redeem bonus rollover minutes. Limit one coupon per customer. Not valid with any other offer. Rollover offer is non-transferable and must be used in one visit at the time of meeting with an AT&T empowerment expert. Valid at participating AT&T company owned retail locations in CT/MA/ME/NH/RI/VT/NY/NJ/DE/PA/MD/WV/VA and DC only. Bonus Rollover Minutes will be added to your account within 2 billing cycles. Unused Rollover Minutes expire after the 12th billing period. Night and Weekend minutes and Mobile to Mobile minutes do not roll over. Nights and Weekends: Night hours are 9 pm to 6 am Monday to Friday; weekend hours are 9 pm Friday to 6 am Monday. Service provided by AT&T Mobility.

**Coverage and services, including mobile broadband, not available everywhere.

This email was sent to: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Unsubscribe. You have received this email because you are a wireless customer of AT&T. If you have any questions about how AT&T collects, uses and protects your personal information as a wireless customer, please visit our Privacy Policy at att.com/privacy. If you no longer wish to receive future advertising emails from AT&T, please click here to unsubscribe.

This is an AT&T promotional email.

© 2010-2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T and the AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property.

AT&T Mobility, 1055 Lenox Park Blvd. Atlanta, GA 30319-5309, United States of America.

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Sounds like a ploy to get you in store and buy something

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I went into the store and showed a rep the printed e-mail earlier this evening.

He said that I was the first person who they had seen with this e-mail. After doing something in the back of the store for about five minutes, he came out with a printed sheet with a bunch of barcodes on it.

He asked me if everything was okay with my service.

I said "yes".

He asked if I wanted 1,000 RO mins or 50% off an accessory. I went with the RO mins.

After entering some stuff in the computer and checking my ID, he gave me the attached receipt.

That was it. Quick, painless and not very educational.

Attached Files:

4. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Ha-ha, AT&T is a pretty big company, it sounds like who-ever was at your local shop was out of synch or didn't get a memo yet, and just gave you something free to get you out of there.

I have zero inside info about AT&T, but I would guess this sounds like some kind of effort by AT&T to "tune" people smart-phones. I would guess there's alot of people out there who have apps (or even malware/viruses) that are automatically downloading stuff, jamming up their network, and killing the customers battery (that would cover all the bullets in AT&T's e-mail). If that is indeed the case, I would say that's a good effort on AT&T's part, to educate their customers. It benefits everyone really, saves your phones battery, and lessens the traffic on the network. Would be good if all operators adopted something like this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Got this message e-mailed to me from AT&T... a week or two later??.

So odd.

Attached is the information referenced during your discussion today with an AT&T Representative.? If you have any questions, please refer to our online support site at AT&T | Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service.

Please do not respond to this e-mail. This mailbox is not monitored and does not accept mail.

Helpful iPhone Customer Information: Basic Device Support
    Last Updated: 12/29/2010

Here are easy-to-use instructions to help you with using your iPhone:

Using the Touch screen - Gestures and Navigation
    Navigating the screen during a call - Access Home Screen During a Call
    Locking and unlocking your iPhone - Lock or Unlock
    You should lock your iPhone when you are not using it. You will be able to receive calls and text messages while it is locked, but nothing happens if you touch the screen.
    Keeping applications organized - Create and Delete Folders
    SIM card management - Remove or Insert Sim Card
    The iPhone comes with a SIM eject tool.
    Feature or application is not responding - If a feature or application is not responding, restarting or resetting your iPhone may resolve the issue.
    We hope you found this information helpful. You can also find answers to many of the most commonly asked questions about AT&T’s wireless service and devices at the Learning Center.
    Thank you for being a valued AT&T iPhone customer!

Sincerely,

Your Smartphone Support Representative