Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Me, New Phone, Sprint CS and SERO

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Kalimotxo, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    It's official: I'm done with SERO.

I'm sure you all have read Sprint CS horror stories hundred of times. But I really need to vent about my latest round of fun with Sprint.

I call to do an ESN change (bought a new phone, wanted to swap).

I called CS and got a push number to reach X department menu! Good job Sprint! Now I don't have to repeat myself 1,000,000 times to a computer

Reached a rep in under a minute! English was clearly not her native language. She was willing to be helpful and took down the new ESN.

(on hold for five mins)

REP: Ok sir, your phone has been activated. Also, I went ahead and updated your plan too, you are now on the [i don't remember the name] plan which includes everything you had before and you are updated in our system.

(oh god, i'm on SERO, what has she done??)

ME: (cautiously) Cool. For the same price, right?

REP: Yes sir, 59.99 a month plus taxes.

[insert polite conversation about what SERO was and asked why she changed my plan without asking me]

(rep hangs up on me for unknown reason - in her defense she tried to call back about 20 mins later)

At this point, I decided to call someone who knew what they are doing. I called back the Sprint CS number and went straight to the "disconnect service/retentions" department.

I spoke with a well trained associate - he activates the phone, puts it back on the old plan. Everything is back to normal - for now.

This morning I check Sprint.com to make sure everything is okay. Everything checks out except that I'm getting billed for text messaging a-la-carte.

(darn)

I call back Sprint. Reach an associate again in record time. I ask her to put my text messaging back on the account. [20 min wait] . She comes back and basically says that she has called every department possible and it's impossible to add the feature code back on the plan for free unlimited texting claiming that the plan code is being rejected by the system. She offers a heavily discounted unlimited texting for 7.50 /mo.

(I tell her thanks anyway, but I'll figure something else out)

I call back retentions. Nice guy offers to help out. He runs into issues but tells me not to worry he'll figure something out.

--at this point I've invested three hours of time time into trying to get this resolved. It's Sprint's fault that the plan got messed up but I'm tired of dealing with it. Frustrated and defeated...just out of curiousity, I ask--

Me: Are we having all of these issues because it's the SERO plan? I feel like every time I call CS, it's a huge hassle to do anything because of that plan.

Rep: Actually, yes.

Me: Look, I don't know what you can do, but I wouldn't mind paying 10-15 more a month just so I don't have to run into these problems. It's not worth my time and it's not worth Sprint's time to play games with SERO. What kind of plan can you get me on so I don't have these issues?

Rep: Well, to get all of the features you have, you would need the Everything Data plan - 69.99 a month.

Me: I'm not paying $40 more a month. Meet me half-way. What can you get me for 49.99 a month?

Rep: *chuckles* Sir, I can't just change your plan to whatever price you want.

Me: I guess I'll be sticking with my $30 SERO. See what kind of work you can do on that texting issue.

Rep: Let me look up some codes real quick.

(i grin)

Rep: Ok, I can do that. Everything Data plan w/ 450 mins for 49.99.

Me: hmmm... I'm just not sold here. That's an extra $20 a month.

Rep: Where do you work?

Me: My employer is ____.

Rep: I can get you 18% off montly bills.

Me: Sold. Sign me up.

Bottom Line: I shouldn't have any more problems, Sprint is getting an additional $12~ per month from me, and I no longer have to deal with stupid SERO crap.

I can't wait to see how the bill is going to look in Feb.

All of that... just to activate a phone!

Thanks to all that listened. :biggrin:

2. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well this actually answers my question.......the $59.99 plan that she put you on when she first activated your phone was the new line of SERO plans called the Everything Plus plan. It's basically Simply Everything but $10 cheaper. Cuz I want to get a Blackberry and i want the $59.99 not the $69.99 if i can avoid it. Every penny counts when you're about to be a college student

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    When people are doing ESN swaps to new devices, it is removing unlimited SMS from old SERO plans. There have been quite a few reported cases of this actually.

Something Sprint has set up is "forcing" this change to the SERO plans when new phones are activated. It isn't the fault of the reps (though she should have told you she was changing the plan). My guess is that Sprint is doing it on purpose to get people off the old SERO plans onto something that is still cheaper than any other company offers (so as to reduce the incentive for someone to leave completely) but that brings Sprint a little more money each month.

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Sounds like a double-edge sword for Sprint; Risk losing customers and make some money to get people off of plan they probably wish they never offered (seeing as how successful it was enticing new customers, only to have it be TOO successful and blow up in their "profit revenue" face).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Yeah. I figure Sprint is willing to let a few people go if that is what it takes to push more people onto the "new" SERO plans. The new SERO is still better than anything offered by any other major carrier, so Sprint probably hopes that people will realize it and accept the increased plan as a result of their decision to upgrade their phone.

6. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    If this is the case (which is probably is) and they want people switched off the plans, I wish Sprint would have been more straight forward about it. I could have saved myself a lot of time and frustration.

As for SERO, yes, they really aren't making a lot off of me. But if they hadn't had the offer, myself and four of my friends would have never been Sprint customers. I guess SERO's legacy is very mixed.

Do we have any idea how many subscribers were generated from the SERO program?

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    the new SERO plans still include BIS, GPS, and a bunch of TV Channels as well as discounted music downloads so the $30 more is going SOMEWHERE

8. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    So true. Thanks for the thread though and I completely agree about your frustration.

I also would never have been a Sprint customer without SERO. But it wasn't a great deal in all instances that they should try pushing people off of it. SERO always fell short if you needed multiple lines, and didn't need a smartphone, which is actually the case for many people. If this was the case, regular family plans could have been the cheaper alternative.

When my current phones wear out, I'll probably just port them to another carrier without even bothering trying to upgrade or buying an eBay phone and switching ESNs, definitely on the line that's not a smartphone (with a Rumor) and doesn't use data. The plans are a great deal, but we do need quite a bit more anytime minutes on Sprint because just about all of our mobile calling is to family on alltel (divested and soon to be at&t??). So it's definitely a double-edged sword. I'm sure there's many people on SERO that would still stick with Sprint because it's still cheaper. But for me and many others, without a great deal on the old SERO, I'd rather just give in, unite the family on one provider (they're about to lose My Circle), and it really might be cheaper than Sprint's current options because we wouldn't need all those anytime mins.

9. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i stick with Sprint cuz my mom has it and my dad uses Nextel and my best friend ever has Sprint. And I'm bringing people over to the dark side every day;)

10. chokaay

chokaay Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

Count me in too! If Sprint didn't have SERO, then I would still be with T-Mobile paying $145/mo + tax for 5 shared lines, unlimited messaging, unlimited data (1 line), etc.

Instead Sprint now has 4 lines from me at $160/mo + tax... PLUS I've sucessfully referred over 7 other friends (3 on SERO, 4 on Everything Data) so far.

Good for Sprint, and good for me (at least for now)! :thumb:

EDIT: And to OP, that sucks you lost your SERO. But if you write to dan@sprint.com, you might have a good chance of getting it back (or at least arguing your case)! They seem to have "powers" no other CSR has...

11. chokaay

chokaay Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

I agree. If Sprint pulled my SERO plans and didn't offer me something comparable (or better) in features or price, then I'd most likely leave...

12. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Thanks for mentioning dan@sprint.com. I've heard that those people are miracle workers when it comes to fixing issues.

Again, I'm done fooling around with it SERO. I'd rather just pay the extra $12~ to never have these problems again.

Let's be real here... God forbid I'm paying 42 bucks a month for 450mins, unlimited data, unlimited text, m2m, gps, n&w's @ 7pm, etc... the plan would be a steal if it was $59 /mo

13. chokaay

chokaay Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

You're welcome. My friend had a lot of issues with Sprint within his trial period. An e-mail to that address and someone helped him fix all of them within 2-3 days. I was rather impressed at how Sprint responded to the e-mail and how quickly his issues were resolved (reminds me of T-Mobile's Customer Service)!

As far as your current plan... it's not SERO (unfortunately), but yes, it does come with a lot of goodies at a reasonable price (especially if you're using a BlackBerry... free BIS makes it worth it!)...