Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

maybe switching to sprint?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by bpage, Jul 2, 2006.

1. bpage

bpage New Member

I can actually get a deal with no roaming ant stuff, i have a relative who lives in the pittsburgh area, plus if you look on that other thread I can get the SERO deal where I get 500 minutes, no roaming, power vision and stuff included for $30 a month.. Im just wondering how good the service will be in my area.. Im up near Erie, PA.. Are u familiar with this area? Maybe u can help me decide if I will be able to get good service with sprint.. If I can i might hop on that SERO deal, its a huge discount for the features u get.. I just hope the coverage is good around here..

2. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Sorry, when i lived in Pittsburgh the fartherest north i ever went was slippery rock. but here a local coverage map and from what can see coverage is pretty solid. you will still need to be the judge. Orange and Dark Green is all Sprint Network. Light green is roaming. either way your covered. Sprint seem to have Pittsburgh to Erie pretty well covered

Attached Files:

3. bpage

bpage New Member

yea hte map does look pretty extensive.. i cant tell if meadville is in the roaming section or the dark green section.. thats right where i live.. i hate making decisons like this especially when im stuck in it for 2 yrs =( .. i have heard that sprint service is all digtialand it sounds clearer when u talk on the phone, but i heard that verizon is digital too? if anyone could sum up the differences, or the pros and cons of sprint and verizon? thatd be excellent.. im kinda new to cell phone services

4. noahm

noahm Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Moto V276
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You could always get a trial phone from sprint for like 15 days to see what the coverage is like and then not get locked in for 2 years.

As to the digital thing, all major national carriers have a "digital" network. There is still some analog fall back on some but that is being phased out soon, so don't worry about the digital thing. What you are probably refering to is that sprint and vzw use a technology called cdma while cingular and t-mob use gsm. Both high quality digital standards but I believe CDMA has slightly higher call quality, although it may not be enough to notice. I'm sure someone on here will correct me if im wrong.

5. bpage

bpage New Member

I was planning on gettting the SERO deal as mentioned in one of the other threads.. Does the 15 day trial period still apply to that promotion?

6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You can't sign up for the Sprint SERO plans in most affliate markets.

7. bpage

bpage New Member

Im going to sign up for it in the Pittsburgh area.. I have a relative who lives up in Pittsburgh, so im just going to use his address and everything.. I already called them about it and they said I can even change my billing address later if I wanted to.. I just forgot to ask them if the 15 day trial period applies to this special too

8. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I thought Sprint had recently switched to a 30 day trial period

9. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Yeah. It doesnt matter where you bill is sent as long as you have a 412/724 area code your consider corporate. Sprint's trial period is now 30 day so that gives you even more time. And if i can make a suggestion. The phone I would go with this a sanyo. They are made just for the situation that your in. They arent stylish but they get the job done right. And being in a fringe area these are the phones to go with. TRY the 3100, 8300 (if you can still find it), 4930 or 7500

10. bpage

bpage New Member

i was thikning about getting a power vision phone because with the SERO dael you get free Power Vision access and stuff.. If i transfer my old cell phone number over, are htey ganna switch the area code on my cell phone to 412?

11. noahm

noahm Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V276
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I don't think number portability works between area codes or different markets. You may have to get a new number.

12. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That's correct. If you are going to sign up in Pittsburgh to get the SERO plan you will have to keep the Pittsburgh number as long as you want to keep your price plan.

13. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Correct, the user would have to get a new number if he took a Sprint SERO plan. I believe he would have to get a Pittsburgh number since that's the address he would be using to sign up with Sprint PCS.

14. bpage

bpage New Member

Ahh crap.. I might have to stick with verizon then.. I dont want to have to tell everything they gotta dial 412 when they call me now.. that would be a hassle =(.. i was looking forward to the new features though.. what a bummer.. does anyone know if sprint will geta corporate market in erie soemtime soon?

15. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Just send everyone a TXT Message and you probably can update most of your bills online. Thats they way i did when i changed my # from PITT To NYC.

16. noahm

noahm Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V276
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Just Curious, what features are you wanting that verizon doens't offer? Or is it just the great deal from the Sero Plan?

17. bpage

bpage New Member

Mostly just the deal that the SERO plan offers, cuz i can get more minutes and I can also get free web access and instant messaging witht the SERO plan... Verizon has actually had very good service for me anywhere i go.. there has been nothing wrong wiht them for me, i was just interested in the features for the low price

18. dvap48

dvap48 New Member

well bpage judging from my own personal experiences sprint in those boondocky places hasnt been bad at all in my visits to PA
    i primarily visit state college though
    im fom ny

19. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    you can try them out they have a 30 day trial period during which all you have to do is pay the single monthly fee and the before that trial period is up you can mail your phone back in and cancel the line and they wont charge you the ETF

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...