Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Master Dealers?

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by scottfanli, Dec 18, 2007.

1. scottfanli

scottfanli New Member

My partner and I are looking to start a store. We are in the Philadelphia area. Either an exlusive tmobile or verizon dealer, or a multi carrier dealer. However, my question is this.

Do we have to go through a master dealer to get setup or can we go through the carriers directly so we get paid full commission rather than go through the master dealers and have them take a chunk everytime?

Also, we want to be able to be a master dealer one day so we can have subagents under us, is that possible under a master agent if we go with the master agent?

Thank You

2. Sprint Master Dealer

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Your answer is yes and yes. You can go directly to the Carrier, but, you will find out that Verizon wants strictly exclusive dealers. This isn't to say they won't make an exception, but it would be hard to convince them since others are willing to go exclusive. T-Mobile on the other hand would like you to stay a plus 1. Which means you can have T-Mobile and one other carrier.

For your comment about the Master Dealer taking a chunk out of your commissions, is a little false on your part. Master agents do not live on a chunk of your commissions but rather the residuals they receive for you selling each activation. Residuals are usually only rewarded with an exclusive company. Also, with a Master Dealer you are not signing your life away with quotas and receive great support. If you sign with one of the top Master Agents, you can always terminate your contract without non-compete clauses and go directly to the carrier in the future. The Master Agent program is great program to start your business with changes that can be made in the future.

Bottom line is if you are starting your business with limited capital why not go with multiple carriers so each customer doesn't walk out the store to shop the competition? Each customer that walks out your store is another opportunity for your neighbor.

Your first year opening a store is the most critical, so long term plans are out the window once you start business. I would look at the Master Agent program with multiple carriers, and once your first year is over you can change your business plan at anytime. Good Luck and if you have any questions you can contact me at anytime.

3. scottfanli

scottfanli New Member

If I go multi, we don't get any funding you know?

because with going exclusive, the carriers pay for your construction and you just have to meet a quota. With multi, you cannot do that.

Unless you know of a multi-carrier master agent that can.

And if I wanted to do a multicarrier, how do I go about getting approved by each carrier so i can have it at my store?

4. Sprint Master Dealer

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    As for the Funds you receive from the carriers. I would read the fine print before you sign anything. T-Mobile "funds" that require a quota, are not easily acheived. You should ask for their stats on how many dealers have failed under that program. Your answer is no, you will not receive funds if you start up under a Master Dealer.

The solution. If you open a store, and it doesn't have all the nice fixtures as one would have if you received the funds does it matter if you are selling phones and making money? All I am saying is if you depending on the funds to create your business it will fail. You can find deals on fixtures and have a decent looking store for the first 6 months. When you can afford to build it into a corporate look, do it at that time. Just because you store looks "corporate" doesn't mean people will buy, and if you only have "one" option for them it doesn't matter how nice it appears on the inside.

Your success will depend on location and great customer service, not whether or not T-Mobile offers you 20 to 30k per store. I was the 2nd company in the nation to be offered the under-penetrated market funds, and I decided to pass when the quota for just T-Mobile was 300 activations after 90 days. They will come after you for all of the money if you don't hit that number after the first year.

I am not knocking T-Mobile, but the days of 300 plus stores are mostly within corporate locations. Even if you have 3 or 4 stores it is difficult. Just think of this senerio. If you open 1 or 2 stores with multiple carriers you can over the course of 1 year determine which carrier is successful within your organization. You can go with Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon or even ATT and have the opportunity to acheive 100 plus per door. If you mix this with Boost Mobile and dish or direct how would anyone walk out of you store without a commission in our pocket?

I work for a Master Sprint agent. We are #2 in the nation and support every dealer we have as a client. If you need assistance in any aspect of you business or have further questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

5. Sprint Master Dealer

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Your last question. We would work with Sprint for your location approval. As the term "Master" Agent we work well with the carrier to ensure your success at a location.

6. scottfanli

scottfanli New Member

are commissions usually higher through the carrier as opposed to the master agent?

7. Sprint Master Dealer

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Commissions are the same, its the residuals that you would receive from Sprint for example if you were exclusive that we receive for every activation. You also receive co-op per activation from us as well.

8. scottfanli

scottfanli New Member

well the guy from the master agent for T-Mobile said T-Mobile hasn't initiated a residual payment program for indirects yet even if they go exclusive.

9. Rossana Tallaj

Rossana Tallaj New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Metro pcs

10. Rossana Tallaj

Rossana Tallaj New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Metro pcs
    Hi,

I am opening up a Storefront on july 1st and I am looking for a list of all the T mobile master dealers in the boston massachusetts area or massachusetts, so that i may contact them, can anyone help and provide me this list?

thanks,

Rossana
    immobile@outlook.com

11. Nissan

Nissan New Member

Hello,
    I am looking for master dealer for Dallas TX for tmobile. Can you please help me with this.

Thank you.